“Amazing curry!!!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I went to the red chilli with my mum & brother on a wet February evening, because we thought "it would be rude not to try the place"
We weren't able to have a beer(because no liquor licsence), we could have taken our own, but we didn't know. However, the food is amazing, the chefs know how to use the spices to their full potential to get the best flavors. Well worth a visit!! if you like curry, you'll love it!!

3  Thank Chris I
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thankyou for your kind review. I'm sorry that you didn't know it was BYOB, unfortunately we don't have a licence just yet but we should have one very soon. However, I'm really glad you enjoyed the food and hopefully next time you'll be able to wash it down with a nice cold beer :)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We live locally and are very fortunate to have a very wide choice of places to eat. By far the best is Red Chilli. The quality of service and food is marvellous. You will be made very welcome and, once you have tasted the food, will want to return very soon. The restaurant is quite small, so I would recommend reserving a table.

Red Chilli does not serve alcohol but is happy for you to bring your own. I believe there is corkage payable but not an unreasonable amount. There are 3 supermarkets and 1 off-licence within walking distance.

3  Thank Ray M
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thankyou so much for your lovely review. We try our utmost to be the best at what we do, Ventnor has a variety of wonderful places to eat so I am very proud you like our little restaurant the most, we look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My family and I had a meal at Red Chilli in Ventnor. The restaurant itself is small but the welcome we got was very big ! We were made to feel like one of the family! The place is so friendly people were popping in all evening just to say hello !! It was amazing to see, the place is buzzing it's a little hive of activity, we had such a relaxed enjoyable evening. I ordered chicken nizami which was beautifully cooked and very tasty a lot of chefs get this dish wrong as too much mustard is usually used with not enough coriander, however this dish was cooked to perfection. We also ordered chicken chilli tikka which was hot & amazing and the lamb madras did us proud. We would not hesitate to go there again for a meal. I have been back many times since as a single diner and have received the same warm welcome each time. I haven't felt a loner eating on my own , the staff make me feel so comfortable. Well done guys !!!! Oh and the popadoms are always freshly cooked !!!

2  Thank smeah
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thankyou very much for your kind review. To us our customers are a part of our extended family, so I'm really happy you feel comfortable and enjoy visiting our restaurant :)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

A wide range of dishes expertly cooked and beautifully spiced - try the King Prawn Chetinad! The service is great and very friendly. We live in Ventnor now, and eat here regularly - it is wonderful to have an Indian restaurant here of such consistent quality. Thank you!

2  Thank OldTelf
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thankyou so much for your kind comments. You are always a pleasure to serve and I'm very glad you enjoy visiting our restaurant :)

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We live locally and use this restaurant regularly. The food is great with a wide selection of authentic meals. If there is something that you would like that isn't on the menu or you would like a dish adapted to your taste they are more than happy to assist. Service is good and always with a smile. Remember to take your own alcohol as they do not have a drinks license, they charge a corkage of just 50p per person per night. If you forget to take your wine/beer there is a tesco express just up the road that stays open late.
Great food and service, highly recommended, looking forward to our next visit already.

3  Thank Maccanutz
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thankyou for your lovely review, I'm glad you enjoy your time at our restaurant, we look forward to seeing you sometime soon :)