“A pleasant meal....”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“A pleasant meal....”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I should first of all mention that I'm not normally a huge fan of Indian cuisine. I went along with a friend, though, and enjoyed my evening very much. I plumped for an Onion Bhaji starter (very nice), with King Prawn Bhuna for my main course. It was a little spicier than I'm used to, but was very tasty. The surroundings were very pleasant, the service was good and the lady owner was extremely polite and friendly. All in all, I can't fault the place at all.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Peter P
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal even though you're not a huge Indian fan, hopefully you will be from now onwards :) we will tone the spice down a little for you next time,
Thanks for your kind comments.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Not good”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Firstly the place is small.
Secondly the salmon tikka starter tasted of uncooked spices or food colour.
The jeera rice also had food colour.

I've given it 2 stars as the dal tarka was acceptable.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Mat T
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us. It is a real shame that you dislike our restaurant due to it being small, you can see from the outside that it is small but we do offer a takeaway service which you could of opted for instead. The salmon tikka is marinated in a tikka paste as is done with chicken or lamb tikka which has a distinct flavour, but had you of informed us that it wasn't to your liking we would of given you another dish or prepared the salmon plain fried with onions and peppers instead of salmon tikka. I can assure you that our jeera rice has no colouring in it but a yellow tinge as we fry it in turmeric. I'm glad you enjoyed the tarka dall though and I do hope that you would try us again in the future as we will always resolve a problem if we are made aware of it, thankyou for your comments :)
Hampshire
“Amazing Indian, possibly the best on the Island.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Service superb, food delicious, however you do need to take your own alcohol but there is a Tescos, a Co-Op and a small independant shop all within 50 yrds. No car park but plenty of on street parking. When we had paid the bill I realised they had not charged us for the soft drinks we had purchased, I went up to the desk to pay the outstanding balance and informed that as this was their mistake we did not have to pay for them, can't ask for better service than this. Red Chilli also do deliveries too both your home or your holiday accommodation. Will definitely return on our next visit to the Island.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank OrianaQueen
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thankyou for such a wonderful review! It was very honest of you to inform us about the soft drinks so it was no trouble at all making them complimentary for you it was our mistake after all :) it's lovely to hear that you will return when you are next on the island and that you enjoyed your meal, we look forward to seeing you again.
Hampshire
“best indian ever!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We found this little gem on tripadvisor when looking for an indian meal whilst in isle of wight for a few days. It is only a small place so you need to book. The meal was enormous and we ended up taking some home which was great the next day. We were given a complimentary dish aswell. Really friendly staff and the best bit was the fact that you can bring your own alcohol as they only serve soft drinks which was fine by us as sooooo much cheaper and there was a shop next door that sold alcohol so not a problem. Food really tasty prices really reasonable. Great experience all round

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Lisa B
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thankyou for your lovely comments :) It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I'm glad you like the fact that you can bring your own alcohol, I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Island and look forward to seeing you if you return.
Poole, United Kingdom
“So glad I visited!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Red Chilli this evening, based on other reviews I had seen, and am so pleased to say that I was not disappointed!

The restaurant itself is quite compact, but this did not bother me. Upon entering, the staff were extremely welcoming and happy to help. They gave me plenty of time to mull over the menu (there is so much choice!!) and provided an excellent service all round.

The food (I eventually chose Rosun chicken) was absolutely divine! It arrived really quickly and was excellently presented. The portions were extremely generous too! I was even provided with a complimentary Peshwari naan (how did you know this was my favourite?!), which was a really nice gesture and was much appreciated! And not only did the food look fab, but it had so much flavour. It was cooked to absolute perfection.

I am gutted that I don't live close to Red Chilli (I return to the mainland tomorrow), but if I do find myself back on the Isle of Wight, I will DEFINITELY be returning to this gem of a restaurant. Thank you for a wonderful meal!

4 Thank sianlister
Lila M, Manager at Red Chilli, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
What a lovely review! Thankyou so much for your kind comments and the pictures too. :) I'm
glad peshwari naan is your favourite and that you enjoyed your meal with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you're next on the Island :)