“Great breakfast ”

Ranked #4 of 6 Nightlife in Ventnor
London, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast ”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Together with my wife we visited this place on Friday morning and were very happy with the location, food and cleanliness throughout. We were particularly satisfied with the specials omlet which had crabs. Highly recommend !

London, United Kingdom
“Awful service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited this place for a breakfast last Thursday.
Lovely seating outside, nice inside but terrible staff and below average food.
Both my boyfriend and I were confused as to wether you go inside to order or someone comes to you, after being ignored outside for 10 mins - even though a member of staff walked past us twice to serve other tables, we went inside to place an order.
We had an iced coffee which came with some sugary syrup - not on the menu and was revolting. Then we both ordered bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and asparagus. Disgusting.
The food was served to us after about 25 mins on wooden plates - god knows why, absolutely swimming in water. The scrambled eggs were grey because the kitchen genius cooked mushrooms with the egg and the asparagus was cut up small to resemble cabbage- and was over cooked.
We told the staff that the food was not as advertised and actually quite poor, and both of them just shrugged their shoulders.
Appalling way to be treated, holiday makers or not. Won't visit again.

Visited June 2014
Sandown, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mid week date day”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I never seem to have any time for evenings out etc so have been implementing a day time date and the met seems to be our choice most times, in the summer it feels like your sitting by a cafe in Spain. Brilliant food, service and price. We commute from Ryde which to islanders may seem a little far to go for light lunch but well worth it.

Totland Bay, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“the met is perfect”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

always love going to the met whether its just for coffee or lunch. cant beat the salads. love just sitting and relaxing watching the waves

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hen night”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The food and service at the Met Wine Bar never fails. I had my hen do there last night, the food as always was perfect, the staff are friendly and polite, the bar manager is extremely good at her job. I have a teenage daughter with tourettes syndrome which makes it difficult to relax in most places, the bar manager was so kind and put us all at ease. The atmosphere is always good in the met bar, I hope I have occasion to eat there many more times! Thank you guys we had a great evening and the food is amazing