Hard to believe all the similar positive comments were talking about the same place we stayed earlier this year and suggest people check out detailed reviews by Georgie Pie and Leorna. For us the service was slow. Bedooms very ordinary and over-priced. No residents lounge. No parking to speak of on site. Atmosphere between the hosts was not relaxed, made guests feel uncomfortable at breakfast listening to thier shouts. On the plus side its a nice house next to sea. Ventnor is pleasant seaside resort (only spoiled at times during our stay by strong whiff from sewage works in front - temporary problem they said). Were we unlucky? Hope standard has improved since then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating from 1843, St.Augustine Villa (Harbour View Hotel) is a fine Victorian Villa, full of great character and charm and character, occupying an unrivalled position on Ventnor Esplanade. "Probably one of the most photographed buildings on the island due to its stunning sea view location." We specialize in luxury B&B only. Town and excellent restaurants are within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your St. Augustine Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Villa Hotel Ventnor
- Harbour View Ventnor
- St. Augustine Villa Ventnor, Isle Of Wight