We booked this hotel after reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor but found it failed to live up to its reputation.
Whilst we appreciate it is a very old building the interior decor and fittings left a lot to be desired - tatty furnuture in our rooms, small very old fashioned televisions, odd light bulbs and fittings etc.
As for the breakfast we were very disappointred. Several reviews claimed this was magnificent but we found it to be only satisfactory.
To add insult to injury the biscuits in the hospitality basket in our bedroom were 10 months out of date!!!
We thought there was a severe lack of attention to detail and would only consider this hotel to be very average and nothing special.
Beware of being swayed by the details and photographs on the website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating from 1843, St.Augustine Villa (Harbour View Hotel) is a fine Victorian Villa, full of great character and charm and character, occupying an unrivalled position on Ventnor Esplanade. "Probably one of the most photographed buildings on the island due to its stunning sea view location." We specialize in luxury B&B only. Town and excellent restaurants are within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your St. Augustine Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Villa Hotel Ventnor
- Harbour View Ventnor
- St. Augustine Villa Ventnor, Isle Of Wight