This large Victorian house on the seafront is ideally situated and has wonderful views from the bedrooms. The charms of the old house together with the laid back Bob and Esme create an almost soporific atmosphere and provides a perfect escape from the rat race on the mainland - stay here for two-three nights and it feels like you've been away a week.
This is not to say that the owners have not got everything buttoned up - it is efficiently run and they cook amazing breakfasts served in the conservatory looking out to sea. Needless to say, no rushing down to breakfast here - they are served until 10 a.m.
There is nothing much else to say about the Harbour View - large rooms, comfortable beds, friendly proprietors. A perfect place for doing nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating from 1843, St.Augustine Villa (Harbour View Hotel) is a fine Victorian Villa, full of great character and charm and character, occupying an unrivalled position on Ventnor Esplanade. "Probably one of the most photographed buildings on the island due to its stunning sea view location." We specialize in luxury B&B only. Town and excellent restaurants are within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your St. Augustine Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Villa Hotel Ventnor
- Harbour View Ventnor
- St. Augustine Villa Ventnor, Isle Of Wight