“over charged and awful customer service”
Review of Isola

Isola
Ranked #20 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Enjoyed a family meal here, our 10 yr old had ordered a child portion of a calzone. When we received the bill we were over charged for a bottle of wine and I noticed that all the calzones were the same price.
I queried what the child price of a calzone was, I and was informed that a child portion is smaller but you are charged the same price as an adult portion ??? I explained this should have been highlighted when you place the order as we obviously would have ordered an adult portion and shared it between us.
Absolutely disgraceful, even after being over charged on the bill, we were offered no reduction. We will NEVER return to this restaurant again.

3  Thank Saibh

Reviewed 9 October 2013

good choice of Italian food, well cooked and well presented. staff are friendly and atmosphere is good. On 3 floors but even the basement is quirky.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Ate here in September 2013, with group of friends mid week. This was the first time I had eaten there, and was pleased with the ambience. We are from the mid week menu which was a little limited, but at £13 for three courses, it was good value and it suited the budget if those I was with, I had garlic mushrooms, tagliatelle carbonara and a coffee. Quality if the food was fine, but portions very small ( but for £13 I wasn't complaining). Service was very good, waiter was very polite and attentive. The meal I ate was adequate, but I would like to return to eat from the normal menu, which I think might give me a better guide as to quality and value.

1  Thank Misti66
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Good standard of food and service - something for everyone.

Even though we were tucked away in a corner of the basement the service was good and attentive.

Would visit again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Fantastic pizza and steak! such a hidden retreat! - maybe a bit more advertising needed as i've never heard of it until someone told me! - lovely staff and food, shame about no mobile signal in the basement :( no good for business users, they should buy a little signal booster for the restaurant :)