“Wonderfully unique experience for me and my daughters” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fairy Shop - CLOSED

The Fairy Shop
San Luis Obispo, California
“Wonderfully unique experience for me and my daughters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I'd have to strongly disagree with skkeck's poor review of the Fairy Shop. I recently visited the Isle of Man with my two little girls and the trip to the fairy shop is something I believe they'll hold dear to them for years to come. Handwritten poems and gift wrapped with care (fairy dust included) -- the special gifts that each of my girls picked out holds a special place in their hearts. We were greeted with warmth immediately upon entering the store -- something I have never experienced at Target. I guess you can't please everyone - but it's a shame to see a bad word placed on such a magical place.

Visited July 2011

Dallas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sorry, must be honest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

The shop was lame. Went way out of our way to go to the Fairy Shop based on TA reviews. This is the first time TA has really let me down. I'd hoped to find a unique shop with products that would be special and make for a meaningful momento from the IOM. Our local Hallmark store has the same products and a better selection as the Fairy Shop. The fairy costumes look like the same stuff you see at Target and not the same quality as the Disney Store. I think the owners have a unique concept here and need to put the effort into living up to their own concept.

Visited June 2011
Mississauga, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Magical Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

I visited the Isle of Man in July 2010 for the first time since the 50's and I remembered the Fairy Shop. What a wonderful place it is and Lynn makes everyone feel welcome. I must have spent about an hour and a half in the shop, buying gifts for my grandchildren. A visit is a definite must for people visiting Douglas.

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A charming shop...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Wandering aimlessly through what passes for a shopping centre in Douglas, I came across the Fairy Shop. The day before, I'd been driven across the Fairy Bridge and warned to salute the fairies (or face the consequences), so I couldn't resist popping into the shop. Even if you don't care for fairies yourself, you'll probably know a little girl who adores them. My 'little' girl is 21 and still has a passion for fairies, so I vaguely thought I might find her a gift there.

What a lovely place! I was charmed, not only by the wares on display, but by the obvious love and affection that has gone into creating the place. I would be amazed if they made a profit, since nothing is ridiculously expensive and even a modest purchase of a fairy mobile phone fob was beautifully gift-wrapped and sprinkled with 'fairy dust'. Okay, in the cold light of day you can see that it's actually silver stars and pink glitter, but I was so captivated by the shop that, just for a short while, I, too, believed in fairies...

2 Thank PEVLondon
cornwall
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A sprinkle of fairy joy from the moment you enter the shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2008

My husband and i absolutly love this fantastic little shop, it is full of suprises, we first went there last year, when we arrived on the island this year it was one of the first places we headed for, it has everything, for such a small shop you could spend hours in there, as for the 2 ladies they are wonderful and most helpful. The only shame is this shop should be in the centre of the town and not on the outskirts, as this is how many many people miss it, it represents one of the island oldest traditions and attractions "Fairy Bridge" nearly everyone who visits the island visits the bridge, please help bring it nearer to the town, and let everyone see what we all see in this "The Fairy Shop"
From Carla & Carl from Cornwall