“So sad it has gone”
Review of The Fairy Shop - CLOSED

The Fairy Shop
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The Fairy Shop was always my favourite place to shop, and with a visit to Fairy Bridge as soon as you get on the Island, then a night time wander around Fairy Glen to see the lights (28 and it's still magical), you really do feel like a happy carefree child in this place. The personalised gifts are beautiful and lovingly made. I would have bought so much more if I wasn't on my motorbike!!
So glad it is still on Facebook 'The Fairy Shop Isle of Man' and EBay 'mooinjerveggey'....don't buy other stuff when you can buy personalised from these awesome women!! More caught faries please!! :) Kat, Leeds.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've just returned from a wonderful week in the IOM and I was saddened to discover the Fairy shop is closing down in September due to the lease expiring. But this wonderful treasure trove is going to be online and you will be able to find it on Facebook and Ebay. The owner told us that it nothing will be over £10 and packing and postage will be free on all items.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I'd have to strongly disagree with skkeck's poor review of the Fairy Shop. I recently visited the Isle of Man with my two little girls and the trip to the fairy shop is something I believe they'll hold dear to them for years to come. Handwritten poems and gift wrapped with care (fairy dust included) -- the special gifts that each of my girls picked out holds a special place in their hearts. We were greeted with warmth immediately upon entering the store -- something I have never experienced at Target. I guess you can't please everyone - but it's a shame to see a bad word placed on such a magical place.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

The shop was lame. Went way out of our way to go to the Fairy Shop based on TA reviews. This is the first time TA has really let me down. I'd hoped to find a unique shop with products that would be special and make for a meaningful momento from the IOM. Our local Hallmark store has the same products and a better selection as the Fairy Shop. The fairy costumes look like the same stuff you see at Target and not the same quality as the Disney Store. I think the owners have a unique concept here and need to put the effort into living up to their own concept.

Reviewed 5 August 2010

I visited the Isle of Man in July 2010 for the first time since the 50's and I remembered the Fairy Shop. What a wonderful place it is and Lynn makes everyone feel welcome. I must have spent about an hour and a half in the shop, buying gifts for my grandchildren. A visit is a definite must for people visiting Douglas.