“Great little seafood restaurant”

Tanroagan Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$21 - US$69
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family owned Seafood restaurant for over 10 years in the heart of Douglas just off North Quay. Tanroagan's dining room boasts an open plan kitchen giving diners a great view of the chefs at work. Our a la carte menu and black board specials offer guests a delicious choice of seafood as well as meaty options with a strong emphasis on local Manx produce. You can book online via our website or facebook page. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is definetly one of the better seafood restaurants I have dined in over recent years. I would recommend a visit for lunch or dinner and you wont be disappointed witht the food. Its not the biggest place but its cosey and has atmosphere. Go with an open frame of mind when your not in a hurry. There are not lots of staff so you wont get lots of unwanted attention.

1  Thank Ed M

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I like this restaurant. I have been a few times, and I will be going again. I love fish, and I like the specials. The decor is okay, but I am only really there for the food which is consistently tasty, and generous in size.

Not the cheapest restaurant on the island, but one of the best. Wine selection is good and reasonably priced.

Food is always well presented, but at times this is not friendly to the diner. I can forgive this though and recommended it to those who love seafood.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Fantastic food, I Like when the chef plays with different tastes. The restaurant itself is simple but cosy. Despite the Fish menu we took we choose a redwine recommended and it was excellent. The reason for not getting 5 is the service. They were very friendly but it was slow and not very observant, the young waiter was even clumsy.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten here a number of times and have never had anything that wasn't worth paying for.
The staff are friendly and welcoming, the menu has some favourites on each time. But the Specials change with the season for fish.

Would recommend it to any fish lover.

1  Thank TopBruv
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Second visit to this cosey restaurant in Douglas. It is simply wonderful with a small but innovative choice of fresh seafood dishes. Had the sea bass with a ginger and chilli sauce which was divine. Service is first class and attentive without being over the top. A must for those who want the best fish on the Island.