“Fantastic”

and 1 more site!
Ellan Vannin Metro Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Brilliant! Perfect location, Friendly staff, Extremely clean rooms, Lovely sea views. Breakfast delicious. Will definitely be staying there again very soon.

Room Tip: Choose a panoramic sea view room if possible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had a fantastic weekend break staying at this lovely hotel. Excellent value and location, and really friendly staff who went out of their way to be helpful. I'll stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend and I just returned today from a week at this lovely family run establishment, the place was spotless, the location was perfect, the staff couldn't do enough for you and the food first class we had to ask for smaller portions the meals were so huge all cooked fresh to order at a time that suited you. I would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Sea Views are amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank karamacCheshire
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. It is well located just a few minutes from the ferry terminal. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel has a car park at the rear which is about a 5 min walk to the hotel. Rooms were clean and well laid out with a lovely bathroom and shower. I was in the Isle of Man on business but would certainly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a long weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I wanted a long weekend with my sister in the Isle of Man to visit a few of the haunts we used to frequent when our parents retired there some years ago. I researched the hotel options and prices.
I was looking for a hotel on the sea front, at the harbour end of town, that could provide parking (at a cost) as I did not want the hassle of chasing around looking for parking slots, and with competitive prices. The Ellan Vannin ticked all the boxes and I duly booked. I needed a ground floor room for my sister as she has problems with stairs and asked for this at the time of booking.
We duly arrived and were met by a very helpful receptionist. My sister had a ground floor room as requested and I was taken to my off street parking slot once we had unloaded. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the ensuite rooms were. Freshly decorated, with good sized shower rooms with large shower enclosures and easy to operate shower controls, the bedrooms were excellent with very large beds. There was also a large flat screen TV in the room and very good tea making facilities with biscuits provided. The room was well insulated against sound transfer and we had four very peaceful nights sleep.
There was Sky TV in the lounge and dining room so we were able to watch the Heineken Cup semi final matches without leaving the hotel and drinks were available at the adjacent bar.
The breakfasts were five star with plenty of choice, very large helpings and good service.
All in all our experience was way above our expectations and I would be happy to recommend the Ellan Vallin Hotel. Our thanks to the staff and owners for helping to make our stay such a success.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back which did not have views but was very quiet which suited us.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank neville c
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Everything about the hotel was very good. The staff were both friendly and helpful, rooms very comfortable, the bar service good and breakfast excellent. The hotel is situated on the Promenade in Douglas with a splendid view of the seasfront and in easy reach of all transport and the shops. We enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff, they are most helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed 3 nights in April at the Ellan Vannin.

It is a nice B&B very well located, close to the ferry terminal and very close to one bus stop and not far from the bus terminal and railwaystation.
Of course, as usual, central location can mean some amount of noise and this is was the case here. It wasn't a deal breaker though and we slept very well.

The breakfast was excellent and the small bar is very cosy.

I would stay here again without hesitation as our room with sea view while not big was more than adequate and the bed very comfortable.

Good luck!