“Good food and pleasant surroundings”

Coast Bar and Brasserie
Ranked #45 of 154 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, View, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A truly unique dining experience conveniently located on the Loch Promenade, Douglas, Coast Bar & Brasserie is renowned as a first-class dining experience. Choose from a selection of exquisite dishes as you enjoy the idyllic sea views, or enjoy a drink with friends from an extensive wine list. Cocktail menu and a range of both local and international beers. Now also serving traditional Afternoon Tea, (pre bookable).
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Good food and pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I like Coast. I particularly like the large tables providing ample 'elbow' room. Very pleasant staff and the food is always good. Very popular for business lunches too.
Would certainly recommend.

1 Thank Foillan

Salford Priors, United Kingdom
“So disappointing”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We were advised to go to Coast and really regretted it.
It was Sat early evening. We both had seafood chowder which was principally an insipid liquid with floating yellow grease, hard cooked prawns and far too much cubed potato and carrot . For the main I had belly pork which was vile: grey meat like rope topped with a bendy orange slab (was it meant to be crackling?) with a good deal of lardy type fat beneath it. I still shudder at the thought to it!
My partner had fish which was better but a very small portion. We didn't stay for any more courses.
Service was polite and efficient . We were one of two occupied tables. The decor is contemporary and its in a good location facing the promenade. I would not however advise anyone to try it .

3 Thank Majen1
Trowbridge Wiltshire
“Stylish and friendly”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

The staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurant was spacious and airy, the toilets were fabulous - oh, and the food was the best we had on the island!

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Lounge snacks to exceed all snacks”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Being away on business trips for most of the month you become very bored of hotel restaurants. My colleagues and I chose not to eat from the main menu but from the supplementary lounge/bar menu.

The snack to share were filling enough, but we all had various mains, and from a simple fish pie to exotic wraps the food was delicious.

Service was efficient and we weren't neglected by not being in the main eating area.

Food & drink is perfect and the seating in the lounge is comfortable and enjoyable with views across Douglas Bay and the tower of refuge.

Good prices, great food, execellent service, another supurb reason to stay at the Claremont.

Grimsby
“excellent all round”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My husband and I recently visited family and Coast was recommended to us. It is based inside a hotel, but it has spectacular views across Douglas Bay and it was a lovely night, although the music did seem to get a bit too loud as the night went on.
The service was quick, all staff seemed friendly and well trained.
The food was delicious, good portions and could tell it was fresh. I am normally fussy on fish but it was cooked to perfection. Wine selection good, didn't serve my favourite but the manager was able to suggest a good alternative.
We even managed to top the night off with coffee and a trio of desserts that each flavour hit a different spot. Out of all the places we tried I would have to say Coast was the best in all aspects and a cocktail before the walk back along the prom made out night.

It was a saturday night and we hadn't booked but we arrived early - I think it would be advisable to book a table,but they also had a lounge area that served food which also seemed plesant .