“Perfect tapas and drinks”
Review of Laughing Buddha

Laughing Buddha
Ranked #68 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We found it about tripadvisor and just can recommend it!!! Perfect drinks, nice staff and the best tapas I've ever tasted. Great spice, nice ambience and you can choose between private talking and the street life of Ubud along the monkey forest street. Laughing Buddha welcome you anytime with a great offer of Balinese food and its best cocktails. Try the pineapple mojito and the fetta cheese rolled in banana leaf! Perfect! Unfortunately our last days on this island, this wouldn't be our last visit at this cultic bar! By the way: the blues band live music could rest here for hours!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Dont be off put by how this restaurant looks from the outside tucked at the back of the main high street, it's fab. The owner is very attentive and so willing to provide you a great experience and the food is wonderful. Make sure you book in advance, well worth a visit

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked my sister and brother-in-law in The Laughing Buddha when they just visited us to see the Biking Festival. Unlike me, they adore chinese food. They asked if there was a "good" chinese restaurant. I had heard lots of people rave about The Laughing Buddha so I booked them in.
Well, they loved it! They said "Chris" the owner was so polite and helpful and the food could not have been better.
Both said it is the best Chinese food they have ever had.
They scored me 10 out of 10 for finding it - but "Chris" got 20 out of 10 for being a super host!!
Why is it no-one ever appreciates me best, even when I come up trumps?????

1  Thank jody80
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Visited on a hectic Saturday night during ClassicTT/Manx GP, and were offered a table for our party of three despite being very busy. Our selected banquet was very good and cannot fault the quality. However, it did take over two and a half hours to serve us, with long delays in between courses. This was acceptable to some degree as it was so busy, however they seemed very short staffed for a Saturday night. The (overworked) manager did repeatedly apologise !

Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a night I start to be able to taste the week before it happens :o)

Food is always great, service is always friendly, prices are a little high if you compare them against normal Chinese eateries but this is probably the best on the Isle of Man and portions are big.

I always leave unable to eat more and fully looking forward to next time, and there's always a next time!

1  Thank Kevan_Rimmer