“Always a good meal with excellent service”
Review of L'Experience

L'Experience
Ranked #10 of 155 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$13 - US$52
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at L'Expérience, we pride ourselves on our warm and friendly atmospshere, accompanied by great locally sourced ingredients and an extensive wine list. A number of our dishes can be adapted in order to meet the needs of those with specific dietary requirements, meaning all our visitors can enjoy their time with us.
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Always a good meal with excellent service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have been going to this restaurant, for over 30 years, and the French onion soup is the best I've ever had, the Rossini filet steak, with spinach a la creme is my favourite, but seafoods and other specialist meals, are always available.
The sweets are really tasty try a lemon chiffon, Michael and belinda are excellent hosts,
Look out for the deals on quids in, coupons for discounts.

Isle of Man
“Excellent service and lovely food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We received a warm welcome on a busy Thursday evening. We were quickly seated on a nice table towards the back.

They asked if they could take our coats and drinks promptly ordered and delivered. I didn't start to well with the menu. The voucher we'd received had a sample of what to expect on the menu I got a bit miffed that the chicken dish wasn't on the main menu. I explained what I was after, the waitress said it wasn't on the menu and that I'd have to order something else, which I did. She must have mentioned to chef about the chicken and she quickly returned to say they could make it up. So 10/10 there for customer service.

The food is very yummy, well cooked and presented in a “French classic style”. Extra bread if you want it. Everything was piping hot. I liked the time left between courses, we weren't rushed nor wondering where the next course was. The staff were very smartly dressed, friendly and well mannered. I must say it was lovely to have some “proper old fashioned customer service”.
We’ll definitely be back and will recommend to our guest at our B&B. www.manxbedandbreakfast.com

Thanks for a lovely evening.
Nikki & Nigel

1 Thank Nikki S
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Main fish course - fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal last evening in a very full and buzzy L'Experience Restaurant. We both had a tasty starter of prawns and salmon followed by lemon sole with a crab's claw accompanied with a choice of salad, potatoes or French fries. The fish was absolutely fresh as it was local and the crab caught only that day. The food was so plentiful that we declined a pudding and finished with coffee with mints.
What made this a dining experience? Greeted with a friendly welcome,attentive service, very good fresh food,bread included in the price, reasonably priced and very drinkable house wine,coffee with extra cups available at no additional cost and even on a busy night chef Michael and 'front of house', Belinda had time to chat and to ask about the food etc. we had eaten.
Congratulations to Belinda and Michael for continuing to run an outstanding restaurant which has had an excellent reputation for many years.

United Kingdom
“The best French onion soup this side of France!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The atmosphere is very relaxing, and the staff are courteous and polite. The food is the clincher in this place. Absolutely brilliant food. Have the house-special French Onion soup, I kid you not you will be licking out the bowl when its finished......it is delicious!!

• Visited January 2014
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“French Onion Soup”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The best French Onion soup on the Isle of Man, nice atmosphere, ideal for a group of diners, also great for a romantic meal for two!

• Visited February 2014