“Lively, Italian restaurant.”

Price range: US$7 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: TT 2015 Opening Hours: Thursday 4th June to Thursday 11th June: 5:00pm to 11:30pm Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, Sunday 14th June: 5:00pm to 10:30pm
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

From the outside you would be forgiven for thinking it is closed as it's in the basement accessed via a large empty room, I went with someone who had been before otherwise I would have walked past it. It is a very busy place, even tho' we hadn't booked they managed to accommodate us (9). It you into the TT you may be as lucky as us to see the likes if John McPint.the food is typical Italian fare well prepared and served. Wine is available and bottled beers. We are not talking 5star more authentic rural but don't be put off.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Italian restaurant is in the basement of a once popular Hotel. The waiting/ lounge erea is a strange place it feels that you have accidentally stepped into a hotel lobby and there is no one there to tell you what to do or go. You are guided to a set of fairly steep stairs and you follow your nose. The smell of garlic and fresh bread leads you to a large basic designed restaurant and the thing that hits you apart from the delicious smells is the noise of happy coustomers chatting and laughing. Immediately you feel relaxed and ready to indulge.
It's not a place for those who are disabled as I couldn't see an easy entrance but I could be wrong and there is an easy way in. I also had a negative thought of if there was a fire how easy would it be to get out. Staff were friendly and service ok. Sadly I am not into Italian food that much and I don't see what all the fuss is about a plate of pasta with a sauce garlic bread and a bottle of cheap house red is not what I call a gastronomic experience. Peoples love of pizza also is also beyond me. I mean a large bread plate with cheese and toppings is not exactly difficult cooking and the price charged for basically an open cheese toasty. The profit margin on Italian food is huge especialy Pizzas, I know this for a fact as I used to manage a takeaway pizza shop. The informal dining atmosphere is relaxing and the simplicity of the menu is ok until you get the bill. I am not saying it's expensive but it's not cheap if your into Italian then you will be happy, but for me I can make it at home for a lot lot less and just as good. With the right company and enough vino you can have a decent night out and pretend your on the shore of lake Lugano on a warm Mediterranean night. I would go again as long as someone else picked up the bill but when it's out of my pocket I would rather pay a little more and have a dining experience in one of the other many restaurants on the Island.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We normally book here for pizza and i have to say that you are well looked after by all the staff and the food is fantastic,I would highly reccomend this restaurant

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Good, honest Italian Food in the basement of some sort of apartment building / hotel. They don't have their own front entrance, access is through a room on the ground floor and a narrow staircase. The restaurant is a fair size, cheerfully decorated, and gets a bit of daylight from the front. The pleasant, youthful staff served us drinks quickly, and food did not take long. The low ceiling and hard surfaces made it a bit noisy in the early evening when there were lots of children there.

1  Thank SuttonHamish
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Noticed this restaurant on Tripadvisor, and decided as I like Italian food to give it a try. I was not disappointed as the Pizza I had, various meat toppings, was not only tasty, but generous in size and the quantity of the toppings. There was a good atmosphere in this busy restaurant, with a clientele of all ages. Despite being busy, the service was quick and efficient.

Good value for money.