As the title indicates, this is my favorite hotel in Douglas (have never stayed at other parts of the Isle) mostly because of the location and the sea views. The first time I stayed here I had a room in the back which was pretty boring. The rooms with the sea views however are excellent. I expecially enjoy walking along the promenade just in front of the hotel or catching a nearby bus to different parts of the island (the area where "Waking Ned Devine" was filmed is especially stunning). I only ate at the hotel once but the food was good on that occasion. Have never been there during the races so I don't know how noisy it might be during that time. When I've been there noise is not a problem. If I travelled with someone who had mobility problems this might not be the best option as there are steps and other possible hinderances. Otherwise, relax in the lobby and check out the decorative lighting along the promenade at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Empress Hotel offers three star comfort and has 102 bedrooms of which there are 3 luxurious executive suites with separate lounge area. There are a number of Executive Sea View rooms and a fantastic top floor Penthouse overlooking the whole of Douglas Bay. All of the remaining Classic single, double and twin bedrooms are fully equipped with the comforts of home. For dining, we have The Brasserie Restaurant offering an a la carte selection of carefully prepared dishes by our expert team of chefs and this is located by reception. Alongside the restaurant is the Piano Bar which is open from 11am until late with our resident pianist playing 4 days a week and Sky Sports also available for Sports fans. Our Manx Gourmet Burger Restaurant is open on the lower ground floor, serving the best locally produced burgers on the Island. The hotel has a small gym, sauna and steam room for residents only use, along with our Beauty & Massage Suite operated by Halcyon Beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Empress Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empress Hotel Douglas
- Empress Hotel Isle Of Man
- The Empress Hotel Isle Of Man/Douglas