Was actually pleasantly suprised by this place, as Id walked past it a few times and colleagues had previsuly found it particularly nice.
The rooms are clean and reasonably presented and having the sea view also gave me the larger type of room and was fortunate enough to have the bay window.
The bathroom was great, clean and the shower was powerful and hot. Always a plus.
There is a gym which has a couple of rowers, a running machine, and a couple of weights machine, which was a shame really as a bigger and better equipped Gym for me would have made this an ideal choice to come back to.
Only negative I have, and I should have mentioend thsi at the time, was the bed (or rather beds). Two singles made into a double and unfortunately on one side the springs were shot, this really needs to be replaced. One other thing was the fact that someone had used the room as a smoking lounge and managed to put a number of cigarette burns in the net curtains.
Big plus for the hotel was the fact that it had quite a prominant visitor (a certain singer from a certain Mod group).
Staff were great by the way. Always welcoming and polite
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Empress Hotel offers three star comfort and has 102 bedrooms of which there are 3 luxurious executive suites with separate lounge area. There are a number of Executive Sea View rooms and a fantastic top floor Penthouse overlooking the whole of Douglas Bay. All of the remaining Classic single, double and twin bedrooms are fully equipped with the comforts of home. For dining, we have The Brasserie Restaurant offering an ala carte selection of carefully prepared dishes by our expert team of chefs and this is located by reception. Alongside the restaurant is the Piano Bar which is open from 11am until late with our resident pianist playing 4 days a week and Sky Sports also available for Sports fans. Our Manx Gourmet Burger Restaurant is open on the lower ground floor, serving the best locally produced burgers on the Island. The hotel has a small gym, sauna and steam room for residents only use, along with our Beauty & Massage Suite operated by Halcyon Beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Empress Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empress Hotel Douglas
- Empress Hotel Isle Of Man
- The Empress Hotel Isle Of Man/Douglas