I can't help thinking this place has been resting on its laurels for many years since the heady days of the 1970s when it may well have been one of the best places to stay on the island. It was like a very mediocre bed and breakfast on a grand scale and really, really needs to up its game. But perhaps it doesn't need to - perhaps everywhere is as bad, and the income from the TT keeps them all afloat when, in a different place, they'd sink below the surface.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Empress Hotel offers three star comfort and has 102 bedrooms of which there are 3 luxurious executive suites with separate lounge area. There are a number of Executive Sea View rooms and a fantastic top floor Penthouse overlooking the whole of Douglas Bay. All of the remaining Classic single, double and twin bedrooms are fully equipped with the comforts of home. For dining, we have The Brasserie Restaurant offering an a la carte selection of carefully prepared dishes by our expert team of chefs and this is located by reception. Alongside the restaurant is the Piano Bar which is open from 11am until late with our resident pianist playing 4 days a week and Sky Sports also available for Sports fans. Our Manx Gourmet Burger Restaurant is open on the lower ground floor, serving the best locally produced burgers on the Island. The hotel has a small gym, sauna and steam room for residents only use, along with our Beauty & Massage Suite operated by Halcyon Beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Empress Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empress Hotel Douglas
- Empress Hotel Isle Of Man
- The Empress Hotel Isle Of Man/Douglas