Just return from our short but very enjoyable break to IOM - 24/25th July
We stayed at the Empress Hotel in Douglas. We arrived at the hotel about 9 in the morning not expecting our room to be available but to our surprise it was, considering the hotel was full. We had a suite on the third floor with views over Douglas Bay. Our accommodation consisted of an entrance hall, lounge and bedroom, all very well presented to a good standard. We ate at the hotels buffet restaurant which was very good value for money. Breakfast was excellent, with food being constantly replenished, so nothing was left out to long, this is a sign of a good hotel.
The Hotel was extremely busy as they had a wedding on, but the service by the staff did not diminish in any way.
The staff where excellent, from the front of house staff to bar, and dinning room staff, they where always cheerful and smiling and very helpful.
As for the negative comments by some people, I do wonder if we stayed at a different hotel. This is an excellent hotel for the money
We would definitely recommend the Empress Hotel and will certainly return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Empress Hotel offers three star comfort and has 102 bedrooms of which there are 3 luxurious executive suites with separate lounge area. There are a number of Executive Sea View rooms and a fantastic top floor Penthouse overlooking the whole of Douglas Bay. All of the remaining Classic single, double and twin bedrooms are fully equipped with the comforts of home. For dining, we have The Brasserie Restaurant offering an a la carte selection of carefully prepared dishes by our expert team of chefs and this is located by reception. Alongside the restaurant is the Piano Bar which is open from 11am until late with our resident pianist playing 4 days a week and Sky Sports also available for Sports fans. Our Manx Gourmet Burger Restaurant is open on the lower ground floor, serving the best locally produced burgers on the Island. The hotel has a small gym, sauna and steam room for residents only use, along with our Beauty & Massage Suite operated by Halcyon Beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Empress Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empress Hotel Douglas
- Empress Hotel Isle Of Man
- The Empress Hotel Isle Of Man/Douglas