“Beautiful hotel”

Sefton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Douglas
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It feels like I stayed at a different hotel looking at some of these reviews. The receptionist was very welcoming and helped us to find our bearings. The room itself was in a big atrium with a balcony with our room which was perfect for after dinner drinks. We ate in both restaurants, Sir Normans which is more pub grub offering and Gallery, which was the equivalent of anything you would find in the uk. Location is great and we'll definitely be back.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Room 223 kitchen vent noise is absolutely horrendous but it's ok according to staff as noise goes off after 11 pm at night! I moved myself with no help from them and no acknowledgement wanted me to move to the palace above a casino !!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Legsi1970

Travellers are raving about these Douglas hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

High quality food and wine, comfort and a welcoming enviroment served to make this hotel stay quite outstanding. The hotel is beautifully situated on the Harris Promenade, Douglas and within is the Atrium Water Garden to add an exotic, almost Far Easten flavour to the decor. The hotel had a relaxed atmosphere and was suitable for just about any type of visit or holiday. Will I go back? Absolutely at the first opportunity.

Room Tip: Rooms off the Atrium have a lovely internal balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Muirkirk
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We had a suite & it was first class. Everything was spotless & the bathroom was massive with walk in shower & jacuzzie bath. The lounge area was large & very comfortable with lovely furnishings. The breakfast were very good with a good selection. The gallery restaurant food was delicious. Only negative was the pool was closed for refurbishment..The location was good & near all the amenities

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I've been to the isle of man a few times on business and was told the Sefton was ok so thought I'd try it. On arrival the staff were polite and I was given my room key.

The hotel/corridors are very tired and could do with a refurb, rooms are clean but unfortunately I was placed in a twin room, which I didn't find ideal.

Tha worst thing was that I was there working for three days including Saturday, on the Friday evening there was a wedding and on return the music was being played in the atrium which my room overlooked. The music was so loud I literally couldn't hear the tv. I'm talking ridiculously loud, I have never experienced anything like it. It's ok though because it's supposed to finish at midnight!

Next time I'm over I will definitely not be staying there, at least they could have placed the wedding guests on the atrium and given outside rooms to others, and also warned you about the noise levels.

• Stayed September 2012
Abingdon
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We too saw negative reviews on trip advisor but luckily they were unfounded as far as we concerned. We upgraded to sea-view room for a small charge and were delighted with the room as it had a massive bathroom with walk-in shower, large bedroom with a sitting area with two chairs table and flat screen TV. The whole room was very comfortable and well furnished. We were on half board basis and were very impressed with the standard of food ,great selection and friendly efficient staff we were even treated to a complimentary glass of wine with dinner. Breakfast too was excellent lovely dining room with plenty of room between tables. The swimming pool was actually closed whilst we were there but the hotel staff offered us the use of their sister hotels pool and a return taxi free of charge. Altogether a fantastic stay, all the staff were friendly and gave good service we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We chose to upgrade to sea-view rooms as reviews said the atrium rooms could be noisy and the view a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I booked 3 nights here on the basis that it was supposedly the best hotel on the Isle of Man. Being single I always pay for an upgrade otherwise all hotels give you a poor room. From the time I checked in to the last moment my stay was a struggle, room allocated was still poor had to complain and wait round for ages whilst they grudgingly 'upgraded' me but not to a sea view I thought I had booked. The room was not clean, towels were not replaced, no eggs on thebreakfast buffet for 20-30 minutes sometimes, the car park was tiny so you can't get in it unless you return at lunchtime and the staff rarely understand English. Not worth its 4* rating, I would give it a 2+ at best. Only good thing is its location very close to the main shopping street and restaurants.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go again so can't recommend it