“Very good, lovely setting”
Review of 14 North

14 North
Ranked #8 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The starters were a bit of a let down (queenies, overpowered with cheese and over in 5 minutes and mackerel, bit tasteless) but the mains (hake and the lamb) more than made up for it! Good service, very nice view of the harbour too. We had dessert (rhubarb and chocolate pot, and lemon and raspberry posset) both were brilliant. Just a shame the starters were average compared to the brilliant other courses! Still, will definitely be back next year :)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just Superb, a gem in the Isle of Man.
We found it by chance, had a superb welcome, even though they were fully booked for later. We chose to dine early and what a pleasure. Superb staff, fantastic cooking, super clean, great location, we immediately booked for the following night and had an equally superb experience.
My advice, book early, this restaurant was full both nights mid week...that must tell you something!
Our sincere thanks for making our short stay in the Isle of Man worthwhile.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Visited on spec, having arrived fairly late into Douglas marina. Fully booked but the friendly waitress said she could squeeze us in a little later so we went for a pint in the pub next door. She then phoned to tell us a table was ready for us. Fast, efficient & friendly service. Food a little expensive but very tasty & large portions. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I first went to 14 North 3 years ago. Its a gorgeous little restaurant, that is - almost inconspicuously, situated along North Quay in Douglas. It was the day it opened and you could only purchase drinks and flatbreads - very delicious flatbreads - and I could tell this would be a very popular restaurant. From day one, the service and quality was fantastic and I couldn't wait to return. I returned a couple of weeks ago to a restaurant that was booming, and it wasn't hard to see why. We were greeted with a friendly, warm welcome and taken to our seats. The menu is quite small which is good, but there was still so much to choose from as it all looked wonderful. The food is locally sourced and is seasonal, so the menu is constantly changing but a few things remain consistent (i did my research). For starter, we had the delicious Queenies', a local dish with a pesto twist - lovely. I also had the ham hock salad. For my main I had the lamb. It was so moist, tender - cooked to perfection. The food was unbeatable and the service unrivalled. Even the waiters not serving are very friendly and chatty. All in all, an extremely enjoyable and satisfying dining experience. I would recommend having dessert outside, with a glass of wine as you can look out upon the Quay - at sunset it is stunning. I would also recommend, after dining, going round the corner to The Bath & Bottle. It is owned and ran by the same people and the same love and devotion has been included in this equally stunning speakeasy,cocktail bar. If you can, dine there too,the food is incredibly tasty. Have fun!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I took my boyfriend to 14 North for his birthday wanting a quiet quality meal and boy did it live up to our expectations. The restaurant was busy but not too full meaning the ambience was excellent and you didn't have to struggle to hear your conversation. The food was really top notch and delicious and the service we received was some of the best I have ever had on the Island. They were attentive, knowledgable and very friendly.
The location is also beautiful with the sun going down over the boats of the marina.
I go every time I'm back on the Island!