“Isle of Man's Finest” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 14 North

14 North
Ranked #3 of 152 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Isle of Man's Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Everything about this place is spot on and is by far and away my favourite place to eat in the island. The menu/food is superb and a lot of thought has obviously been put into what they serve up. Combine this with the excellent friendly service 14 North is always a winner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank food80

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service could have been much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews and seeing mainly good ones for 14north we decided to give it a try. I don't tend to write reviews but I felt compelled on this occasion.

On first impressions it looked very clean and tidy. Good atmosphere and decorated nicely. When asking for drinks we asked for a pint, only to be informed that they didn't have draft on tap, nor did they do pints. This was not a problem, but the way in which the lady replied made me feel very small. As if I offended her for asking for a pint, that I was lowering the tone of the place almost. When ordering the food we managed to get a smile out of the ignorant waitress from earlier. Hoping she had just had a off moment. But from then on the service deteriorated. Drinks were drank and noone had returned to offer more. Instead, we result to having try and catch someone's eye as they walked past. Then only being able to ask for one drink before she had walked off again. I would have understood more so if the restaurant was heaving, it wasn't empty by any means but there was enough servers to serve the occupancy. The main course was lovely. We were happy to order a dessert but after waiting for well over 20 minutes for the waitress to
return we decided it was not worth it and opted for the bill. I don't think this restaurant is massively expensive but i do feel for what we paid the service should have been better.

Plus they unfortunately
missed out on further custom from as we didn't order more drinks and desserts as we were not given the opportunity.

Only here for a couple of days but would not recommend to friends and family who live here.

Its such a shame, because like I said earlier the food was really lovely. Obviously a lot of care goes into that, maybe it should be replicated front of house.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kaybee6689
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very good food with a varied menu and supported by good service, the table we had didn't give a huge amount of space for the group but that's a minor issue unless you need total privacy.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank David H
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Menu needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Restaurant was busy both upstairs and down when we arrived.
I struggled to decide what to have as the menu options weren't jumping out at me. I eventually decided to have the Queenies to start (light bites selection) and then a larger portion of the Pulled Pork salad (also from light bites selection).
Both options were well presented and tasty but I would have liked a wider selection to choose from.
Wine list was so quite limited and a expensive

1 Thank Pambolina
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in an excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was a great find, tucked away on the Marina in Douglas, an area that has had a bit of a makeover in recent times, but needs more doing to really make this a destination part of town.
This restaurant serves a great selection of dishes appealing to the majority. A great wine list accompanied the food selection, all of which was reasonably priced.
Definitely recommended.