“Greasy Spoon”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2011

nothing much to say just average,I should have gone to specsavers, at least I could have found my chips, slow service..get me the speed

2  Thank franktheshoe

Reviewed 7 October 2011

This is a small restaurant, made bigger by mirrors along the wall. The food was excellent but the atmosphere was affected by the high backed booths that lined one side. They were comfortable to sit in but I prefer a more open, friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We have been visiting the Isle of Man now for the past 6 years. McFarlanes was recommended to us about 3 years ago and we have dined there on each visit. The food is delicious, well presented and keenly priced. Staff and owners are friendly and make you feel very welcome. Although the dining area is a little on the small side it has a nice cosy intimate feel to it. The hig back seats give you privacy to enjoy your meal. Roy takes time out to speak to his customers and is always available to advise you on your meal and make any changes you require. Unfortunately In September we didn't get the pleasure to dine in McFarlanes but this was our own fault as we left it too late to book. This show just how popular this restaurant is. We will back in April 2012 and will definately book well in advance.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

A family run restaurant where the welcome is always friendly and genuine. The seating area provides ample room for each diner and some tables are within high backed booths. I like the fact that you can see into the kitchen which is always calm and quietly organised. The food is incredible....fish is always a delight and the dressed crab was probably the best I ever tasted. A great menu is devised and changed regularly to suit the season which is inventive with fresh, clean tastes in the dishes. You can just taste the experience and desire to please from the chef with every bite!
I have been here numerous times with friends and husband, and can't leave IOM without a visit!!

2  Thank chrissy186364
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Food was superb, service was fantastic, i thought food like that on the isle of man was a non starter, but how wrong was I! We will be back.

1  Thank iomjames