“Outstanding food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is simply outstanding food. I actually tend to look at the food quality first when rating a restaurant - a novel thought to some, it appears. The decor may not be to everyone's preference, though I don't see why (or why its relevant) - its perfectly acceptable. The food is a delight - great soup, superb lamb and the various vegetables, and the cheesecake for desert was the best I have ever eaten. Unobtrusive service, perfectly happy to delay our order while we waited for a late colleague. Friends I was with had fish pie and considered it to be of top quality. I can easily see why it is in the 2013 Michelin Guide. Ignore the churlish review from one contributor - this is as good you will get - and at a decent price. Cannot wait to go back on my next visit to the island.

1  Thank Anthony J
There are newer reviews for Macfarlanes

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Loved the food. Every course was delicious. Excellent. Have to say probably best meal I have had on the Island in a long time.

1  Thank hktracy1
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We arrived late at Macfarlanes having left another restaurant as the service was poor.
The atmostphere was lovely, beautifully laid table. The service and food was outstanding and staff very attentive. Will definitely be returning for more wonderful food.

1  Thank JennieIsleofMan
Reviewed 26 January 2014

we have enjoyed many good meals here, and last evening's lemon sole was the best I have tasted. The standard menu is always good, and the fresh fish and lobster specials are always great.

1  Thank alan4qpr
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Excellent food, attentive staff and a friendly atmosphere let down by very slow service on an admittedly busy night

The food was very good, although the portions were a little small and the staff attentive without being intrusive. But unfortunately we had to wait nearly an hour between starters and main course, a three course meal shouldn't take three hours.