“Good find in Douglas but expensive for Tapas”
Review of Artisan

Artisan
Ranked #72 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were looking for somewhere to have lunch and escape the lashing rain and wind and found Artisan in Victoria Street.
They were busy and showed us to the mezzanine level which was quieter but very comfortable.
The food is tapas style and delicious - the staff were very helpful with the ordering and advice.
As they were busy we did not have the same person waiting on us twice and had a succession of people.
We ordered Prosecco and when it was brought to the table - queried the one presented as it seemed to be the most expensive bottle on the menu and not the one we had ordered.
We were assured it was what we had ordered so went ahead.
When the bill arrived - we had been charged for the expensive bottle.
We advised the staff that we would pay for what we had had but would not be leaving a tip as we had specifically queried the wine they brought to the table and been advised it was £20 a bottle and not £30........they did not seem pleased.
Overall - good food, average service and it was very pricey for some tapas and Prosecco - and we are used to paying London prices.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Would return again and again- beautiful looking and delicious food! The specials are constantly changing and each time are better than the last!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We revisited this restaurant a second time a year ago for dinner with business colleagues (our first visit was when it opened, and it was fab so I wrote a great review on this site). We were really disappointed (and embarrassed in front of our colleagues from the UK) with what we chose so I wrote to the brewery who own it and got a reply saying they would make changes to the quality of food/menu/standard of service.
My husband and I popped in for lunch last week and to say we were disappointed again would be an understatement. The main menu has reduced with very little choice. There were more 'lite bites' on offer but we wanted a main dish as we were not eating later on. The dishes on offer weren't great. Eventually chose Venetian Duck (?) - horrid, and it was barely warm so it had to go back. Clearly just reheated in the microwave so the pasta went rubbery. Yuk! The dessert selection was Cheese and Biscuits and Eton Mess - just not enough choice so we wished we'd gone elsewhere. The main dishes were very expensive for what was on offer. Certainly won't be going back and would not recommend under the current arrangements. The brewery need to pull up their socks as there is a lot of competition now in the town. Pity as it started out so brilliantly.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

excellent food in pleasant surroundings with attentive staff regular menu changes keep it fresh and keep us coming back

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My colleague and I popped in for lunch before going to the airport. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We ordered from the bar menu as were a little early for their lunch menu to be available. We both had the three mini burgers, which were incredible.

This restaurant/bar could easily have been in a cosmopolitan city. I felt like I had been transported off the island and back to London. It was bright and modern with comfortable booths to sit in.

The prices are not sky high, but then I guess it depends on whether you're used to spending £5 at McDonalds or would rather spend a little more for quality produce and taste. Personally, I like quality.

If visiting the IoM again for work, I will most definitely try to find this place again!