“Friendly relaxed atmosphere”

Add it.
Haneffe's Bar & Grill at the Savoy
Ranked #48 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Value for money. Varied menu and they serve the best fish & chips on the island. Go with a big appetite the portions are huge. Friendly family run business.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our first impression of this restaurant was fantastic, as we arrived just after 9pm. The owner explained that the kitchen was closing but she would arrange to get us 2 orders of the special, which was beef and Yorkshire pudding. She made us feel very welcome, and we certainly didn't feel rushed as it was obvious that the other parties were lingering over drinks and enjoying the entertainment. The meal itself was delicious, with giant serving, and 2 types of potato, to my husband's delight. In fact, when we were making plans for dinner the next evening, he said that he'd rather go back to this restaurant for another meal, rather than try somewhere new. Now that's high praise!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Menu displayed outside seemed more extensive than inside. The meal was tasty, but NOT medallions as shown.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We visited Haneffe's for my boyfriends birthday. It was fantastic. Staff were excellent as was the food. Prices are good. We will defiantly be returning. Can't praise the place enough. :D

1  Thank Shell8980
Reviewed 28 June 2013

It's a year since my last visit (and review) and I'm very surprised to see that there have been some poor reviews (though recent ones have been good). I visited with a friend and found the food and service to be every bit as good as before. Knowing that it can get busy, we booked a table through Haneffe himself, a very pleasant and helpful gentleman. It's true that this isn't cheap fare, but you get what you pay for. I had scallops with black pudding as a starter, with butterfly chicken (including the most gorgeous home-cooked chunky chips) as my main. The overall cost of both courses was £17. It was absloutely delicious, though, and the young lady who served us was charming. I will certainly be eating here again on my next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

An excellent friendly restaurant serving good traditional, reasonably priced food. Haneeffe was welcoming and took very good care of us

1  Thank Erik M