“Absolutely fantastic - Can't wait to go back!!”

Raymonds Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 27 Douglas B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic - Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I don't know where to start as so many positives!!Firstly, we got picked up from the Airport, by Dan, who gave us such a wonderful greeting, he seemed more like a long lost friend! At the guest house, which is beautifully renovated to a very high standard, we were met by his lovely wife Lou, who again was so warm and welcoming.Raymonds is very close to the sea, prom eateries and shops which was great for us as we had not hired a car.The guest lounge/diner is just perfect, airy, clean and homely with so many drinks, biscuits,cereals, fruit etc that you can help yourself to at anytime....which we did. Amazing shortbread !! Our room was breathtaking, they certainly have an eye for design and creature comforts right down to the gorgeous thick towelling bath robes. Something you would find in a 5 star hotel! Oh and the bedding smelt like fresh summer meadows, very very very clean!!! The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up. Best nights sleep I have ever had in a guest house/b and b. The breakfast was amazing too. Now I'm a fussy eater and always ask for soft runny eggs.....they were perfect with massive egg yolks which is my favourite bit. I'd go back just for the eggs! You definitely get your monies worth with the amount of breakfast you get. Unlimited cereals, juices, tea, coffee, toast, croissants with jams n marmalade, then the main event....the cooked breakfast!! Beautiful. All in all an excellent A+++++++++++++ outstanding place to stay with wonderful hosts. We have stayed at many hotels and guest houses but this was by far the best. Thanks Lou and Dan - We will be back xx If Raymonds was a singer in a talent competition - it most definitely has the X factor!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VikkiH_B2013
raymonds9, Owner at Raymonds Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
It was great to have you and your family stay with us ....looking forward to you bringing your show to the IOM and staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
cheshire uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I work in the trade, and have stayed in many hotels, guest houses etc. This is undoubtably, the best!
There's just so many positive things to say about this guest house/bed & breakfast.
Very friendly and hospitable family owned. Plenty of room, quality furnishings, toiletries, extras.
So clean. Honestly, I just can't emphasise enough how lovely it all was. Sky tv, wifi, cakes, bickies, tea and coffee anytime you want.
My husband and I met in Douglas 35 years ago, as teenagers. After all these years he decided to take me back for my 50th. If he'd have took me to Rome or Paris, it wouldn't have been as perfect as my visit back. Lou and her lovely daughter Poppy even took the trouble to bake me a chocolate birthday cake - which was 'yummy'!
I highly recommend you staying here if you visit the Isle of Man. Whether you're corporate, holidaying, single, family or couple - stay here!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sam&skye
raymonds9, Owner at Raymonds Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for your review guys.

I'm so happy that you choose Raymonds for this nostalgic trip....and i hope that although your original guest house is no longer we were able to help in reviving the lovely memories you have of the beautiful Isle of Man.

It was lovely to meet you both and look forward to seeing you soon.
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was our first visit to the Isle of Man and we made the excellent decision to choose Raymond's as our Bed and Breakfast. Dan and Lou could not have been more welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, we felt more like family friends than guests. Our room, with ensuite, was spacious, clean and comfortable, overlooking the square. The guest lounge was always well stocked with tea, coffee and cakes, giving us a cosy room to recover before hitting the nightlife of Douglas! Breakfasts were immense-set us up for the day.
Our reason for visiting the Isle was to help our son move, to take up his new job, Dan and Lou have helped him make contacts and integrate into island life. We would thoroughly recommend Raymond's as a place to stay. Dan, Lou and their gorgeous family are the perfect hosts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patsy F
raymonds9, Owner at Raymonds Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thankyou for your review Patsy...lovely to meet you all and looking forward to you coming back to stay with us soon.
Malvern, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

As a businessman sometimes you need a little luck and finding Raymonds has been just that as I could not get into the hotel where I normally stay.
Lou and Danny could not do enough for me
Rooms were beautiful and I will be going back and taking my wife with me to stay again.
I travel to IOM on business 3 or 4 times a year and it is better than the hotels I have stayed at in the past.
This will be my first port of call whenever I visit the Island from now on

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Robin J
Always a pleasure having you to stay Robin...looking forward to your August visit.
Horncastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying with the Williams family and we had a great time with this lovely family. They cannot do enough for you and the whole family make your stay most enjoyable. The food is fantastic and the service is the best we have ever had. The rooms are spacious and beautifully set out and most comfortable.We had a lovely time and have already rebooked our holiday for next year here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank john418
raymonds9, Owner at Raymonds Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your review.

It was lovely to meet you John and Joyce and we looking forward to welcoming you to Raymonds next year.

Jock and Sue - we're already looking forward to TT 2014!!!!
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

No it was not a dream it did really happen, we had a great stay with a wonderful family.
Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed into a very friendly family atmosphere, more like a home visit than a B&B, the spotlessly clean room with its comfortable bed, walk-in shower and roll-top bath was great.
Breakfast set you up for the day, and you were even invited to help yourself to a hole range of goodies from fruit, cakes, biscuits and sweets.
In all we had a wonderful stay, Lou and Dan you made our first time visit to the Isle of Man the icing on the cake for us, and we can only echo the lovely comments made by the other reviews you have had.
The Isle of Man should be proud to have you, you make good ambassadors to the island.
Best Regards Mick & Norma

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mick H
raymonds9, Owner at Raymonds Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for your review Mick and Norma, we look forward to welcoming you both to Raymonds in the future.

Lou, Dan and family
belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

First of all let me say it was my 1st ever stay in a B&B ... And the experience was great!! My partner and I spent time in Raymond's over the IOM TT 13 ... I arrived late ... Long story about missed boats .. Anyway, I was warmly greeted upon arrival at the B&B by Dan & Lou and very promptly fed with a beautiful fry up in the breakfast room! The house is very friendly and welcoming, very clean and comfortable! It is based in Hutchinson square which is beautiful ... 10 mins walk one way to the grandstand and 10 mins walk the other way to the promenade. On the eve of our last night our hosts invited all of their guests to a BBQ ... This was a lovely gesture and really enjoyable evening with Williams family and other guests! We would return to Raymond's in a heartbeat ... Yes for the TT again, but to drop by and visit our new friends in the IOM!! Dan and Lou .. The B&B is a credit to you both, but your hospitality made it for us!! Hope to see you again real soon.!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank kellyhendry1
Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you to Raymonds for TT2014 ...if not before.

Lou