“Great food, Great price”

The Terminus Tavern
Ranked #21 of 154 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Great food, Great price”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

A small group of friends and I ate here for a late lunch.
We had no idea what we could expect having never been here before.
We ordered lunch at the bar and the food came out rather quickly.
I ordered the equalivent to 'surf and turf' with a steak and scampi and have to honestly say that it was one of the best steaks that I have had in all of the UK. It was cooked well and to my request, I ordered 2 different gravys and got generous servings. My plate was exploding with great food.
My friends ordered the beef and ale pie, lasagne and lamb chops, and all of them commented on how great the food tasted.
Every meal was well presented.
The menu selection was very good and covered most pub fare options. Will probably eat there again during our stay.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak pie on the island!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We visited the Terminus Tavern last year during TT raceweek and were so impressed with the steak pie that it was top of our list for our visit this year.

I would say that the steak and ale pie is by far the best on the island (that we've found anyway....and we've tried a few!).My husband was also very impressed with the quality of the beef burger meal.

I would echo others' comments re uninterested staff and would agree that improvements could be made in terms of customer service.We were however so impressed with the standard of the food and the value for money that this would not stop us from returning again in future.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Busy, friendly, good value pub”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Here one can book a table! That is the good news as it is a busy pub. The food choices are excellent and the quality and quantities are good- nay excellent. Clean and tidy with an attentive, cheerful and friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good beer, good food.”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We visited twice and unfortunately on the 1st attempt we could not get a table to eat so just had a beer instead which was well kept and a good choice. On the 2nd visit we got a table and the food was fantastic, good value and considering the place was heaving we did not have to wait a lifetime for it.

Visited May 2013
Marbella Spain
“attitude”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I suppose that if you are running a pub in the Isle of Man the easiest way to get rid of prospective customers is to tell them that there is a one hour wait for food. This seems to be the norm for this establishment, it is pity as the food is not bad by the standards delivered on the Island, goodness knows what happens when it is busy! The staff are indifferent and nobody seems to clean tables.

2 Thank Johnmar