“best place to have eat at the tt”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grill in the Park

Grill in the Park
Ranked #71 of 153 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Launceston, United Kingdom
“best place to have eat at the tt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were staying in the snoozebox hotel for the tt 2014. The breakfast was disgusting. The staff dull. The grill staff were so welcoming, friendly and by the time we left, we hope really good friends and we will eat there next year when we go back. Nothing was too much trouble. They have a great team spirit and work well together. I cant praise them enough. We wont be returning to the snoozebox.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good lunch buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The lunch buffet at a fiver is well worth a visit, curry one day, chilli the next - both excellent. The main meals are decent too - I had the Welsh burger which was very spicy and the chips were good too. The staff are all friendly too.

• Visited June 2014
“Fantastic place for a wedding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding in the Grill in the Park 2 years ago on the 16th of June 2012, I was on a very tight budget and I went in spoke to the owner (I can't remember the gentleman's name) and he was brilliant the staff were absolutely fantastic, he said for ke to do a list of food that I wanted which usualy they make the menus and tell you to choose from their menus. They made my day to be the best day of my life. The room was just as I imagined plenty of food plenty of fun.. Thank you so much and I can't thank you enough :)

Isle of Man
“Not as good as I hoped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is about the third time I have eaten here but have to say that I noticed a deterioration in both the standard of the service and the food.

When we arrived the restaurant was quiet (only a couple of tables occupied) and we were promptly seated and our orders taken. We had ordered from a 'special offer' which was available to people for a half priced mixed grill.

Our drinks arrived promptly but unfortunately my glass was dirty and marked with lipstick. It was promptly exchanged though when I pointed it out. I have to say that the staff that were working, including the owners, are incredibly good at working the front of house. All efficient, obliging and seem to work well as a team in the beginning.

The problem was that some of the staff left at the same point that the restaurant filled up and, the remaining people, couldn't cope with the number of tables. Maybe it was because it was just a week or so past the TT that staff had been given time off to recover from the inevitably long shifts they would have worked over that busy period.

The food was good but it wasn't brilliant. Just average and, had I paid the full price, I think I would have been disappointed. People at the next table ordered the burgers and they did look amazing. Some of our Mixed Grill was cooked well but some cuts of meat weren't. The eggs were completely solid and they should be such an easy thing to get right. That said the sausages were very good.

Little things - like having to ask for condiments twice were frustrating. Some other customers came and asked could they take them from us, when we had finished, so I can only assume that they hadn't been offered them either.

On previous visits I had noticed that the desserts were phenomenal. Even though the offer we had purchased didn't include a pudding, we had already decided we were going to pay extra to get one. However, when we asked for the Dessert Menu, we were told 'There isn't one really. We only have Lemon Meringue Pie, Ice Cream or Knickerbocker Glory'. A disappointing selection compared with the last visit when I recall sampling some of the best Raspberry Cheesecake and home made Lemon Syllabub that I have ever had. The waitress didn't even return to ask if we wanted to order (which we didn't but may have had a coffee) so after some time we went and asked for the bill and left. I met the Dessert Chef on our first visit - he was so enthusiastic, and it would be a travesty if he has gone, but I fear he may have judging by the selection.

I know that the people here have worked really hard to build up a good reputation and, on reading some of the other reviews, they obviously get things right on most occasions. Certainly our previous visits exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately, this evening, we left not feeling 100% happy and this has to be reflected in this review.

cumbria
“Top class food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Been at the TT's and eaten here all week whist staying at the terrible Snoozebox Hotel at Nobles Park IOM. No complaints what so ever, staff and food fantastic. Had a wide variety from the menu from Lasagne to a massive mixed grill. Would definatly go back if and when in the IOM. Staff have no issues if you just want a drink -great wine.