“Proper Cafe food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 June 2014

You may have to wait for a table due to the popularity of the Caff, great value for money god honest food and a good cup of tea. Breakfast a must, and a really good plate of ribs, the home made pie of the day is my favourite.

misssunshine13, Public Relations Manager at The Caff, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review Andrew! Glad to know you enjoyed your visit & we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I f you are in Douglas IOM and want to eat well and cheaply, The Caff is a must. They specialise in home made pies as well as cafe standards like fish and chips,lasagne etc, but be warned,portions are HUGE. You simply find a seat, and may have to share at busy time, take your order to the counter, pay and collect your (non alcoholic) drink and very quickly your food will be brought to you by one of the friendly staff. The pies are delicious and you will not need to eat again for many hours! This really is simple well cooked homely food at its best'

misssunshine13, Public Relations Manager at The Caff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Another fantastic review. Thank you for your comments and custom!

Best wishes

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Looking for a good cafe just before heading off on the bus to Ramsey (there's a tail...don't bother!). Stopped off at the Caff and indulged in some breakfast baps which were gorgeous...well cooked, tasted great and not badly priced. Partner had sausage and tomato bap - with whole tomatoes rather than tinned mush. If the rest of the food is as good as this then worth eating here. Definitely recommended.....

misssunshine13, Public Relations Manager at The Caff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a delightful review!

We really appreciate your custom & hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

"The Caff", located by the Inner Harbour, is a well-established cafe, popular with locals and visitors alike. It opens early, and thus, catches a lot of the trade from the Ferry Port. And it's not hard to see why - their breakfasts are massive, and great value. However, not being a big eater, a slice of their toast (which must be more than half an inch thick) is nearly enough to fill me! There is also an extensive menu which is served all day, and enjoyed by all walks of life.

Whenever I've been in, the dozen or so tables are nearly always occupied, but most of the food is also available to take away. Service is friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant. With a big car park opposite, and close proximity to the steam railway, promenade and the main bus stances, there's no excuse not to visit!

2  Thank YorkieLangham

Thank you for your incredibly kind review!

We appreciate your custom and hope you'll pop in again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

So there I am, back on the good old IoM for the MGP August 13. As before about 2 days in to my stay, having sampled the usual takeaway rubbish (KFC, MaccyD's, dodgy Indian (still got Delhi-belly as we write this), I'm now frantic for a "home-cooked" meal anywhere.

Ok so when I say home cooked, I dont mean like my missus makes or anything, rather just something not containing chips and battered rubbish, you know what I mean right?

So after having been to the Legion for a wet or two, my route back to the BnB took me past the "CAFF" . As I had seen it was normally quite busy when passing previously I decided to have a lookin to see what was on offer, fully expecting it to be chips with everything etc.

The Menu was like a message from God, answering my payers for a decent (call it home-cooked) meal.

I opted for the " 3 Farmers Sausages / Mash / Onion gravy / Peas / Tea"

Service was quick, and when the meal arrived I was immediately worried I would not be able to eat it all such was the size of the portions, nevertheless as I hadn't eaten for 24 hrs I tucked in and did the chef justice. I have to say it was easily the best meal I have had to date whilst on the Island, put simply it was superb.

The chef / owner accepted my appreciations in a surprised manner, but really, the meal was just great.
Its refreshing to find a place like this amongst the rest of the "egg n chips" brigade found on most street corners around Douglas.

Please give the food a go, drop in and try it for yourself, you wont be disappointed, if like me me you need a proper meal (not badly cooked battered everything of overpriced "cordon-bleu" battered everything) which is on offer on the seafront and generally around Douglas.

So, I'm obviously glad I ate there, why dont you give it a try Well done "THE CAFF"

2  Thank FrankyD&Sonia

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

I will definitely pass on your comments and hope to see you again during this years MGP!

Best regards