“Not bad”

Salt Bar & Kitchen
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

But not a significant improvement on what was here before food wise. The venue is very nice and the menu is interesting with a mix of asian influences but the served product doesn't meet the promise of the menu. Service was good the day I was there albeit the place was very quiet. I couldn't recommend Salt but on the other hand I wouldn't complain if someone wanted to meet me there for lunch. All in all as I say in the headline: not bad.

3  Thank frednuff

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This restaurant opened on Tueday 27th August and I was fortunate to be able to partake of their extensive menu with a close friend. It is easy to find a parking spot across the road and we were welcomed by the very nice lady owner.

We were shown to our table in the window and very quickly our waitress came to take our order for a starter drink. We both chose a glass of Pinot Grigio which was soon delivered at the right temperature (cold) and we sat an looked closely at the mouth watering list of dishes.

My friend chose a Steak and I went for the Japanese Chicken ...the Pinot Grigio was so refreshing so I ordered a full bottle to have with the meal/

It all came fairly quickly and was nicely presented, the steak being perfectly cooked to my friends satisfaction and my meal was exceptional.....I like Japanese food and the chicken in the special batter on some savoury rice with a selection of side vegetables caused not just a little mouth watering.

We tucked into meal and drank the wine. It was perfect and we both felt completely replete.

We odered coffees and met other people we knew who had also heard of this new venue.......We all agreed it was value for money.

Please note that we booked.....it will get even more popular as time goes by.I am still drooling when I think of what I had there...I'll be back !!!

1  Thank TTFan3d