“Indian food with a difference!”
Review of Kurries And Steaks

Kurries And Steaks
Ranked #17 of 154 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Dear Readers, We have opened Kurries and Steaks with an intention to be a restaurant serving Indian food along with steaks instead of the usual curry houses. You will not find your balti and patia dishes on our menu as we do not believe in using proprietary sauces or any food colouring. But we can serve you indian version of fish and chips and prawn cocktail where we have used spices carefully to give you a taste of fusion. Myself and the chef are business partners and have worked in some of the best establishments in Mumbai, India and on the Isle of Man. We are passionate about the food we serve and the service we provide. We suggest you come and try for yourself and have your own opinion about us, some will like us, some will hate us and some will love us the most. That's the business catering is as we all have our own favourites when it comes down to food. Looking forward to serving you all and lots more. Shriharsh Naik Manager
Morecambe, England
“Indian food with a difference!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was Indian food that tasted different and we are well used to good curries. We think it was fresh and more like Southern Indian food. Very busy for a Monday night but booked ahead so no problems. Staff charming and good service and value for money. Should be up there with the best!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank DavidStern

London
“Possibly the best curry I have ever had.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This might be the best curry I have ever had, as I type this I am sitting in Kurries and Steak. Now you might be thinking "what does this guy know".

Well apart from living in the East end of London, home of the some of the best Curry's houses I also used to work for Tilda. So have been taught how to appreciate a good authentic curry.

The food here is brilliant, the staff are lovely. There is music, however unlike some places it's not so loud you can't talk (which I would if I wasn't on my own).

Please come here, you will not be sorry.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank pezza51
Isle of Man
“No atmosphere but good food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Having heard good reviews from friends, we decided to give Kurries and Steaks a go for a change. From the moment you walk in your greeted by the strange decor which shows little effort or thought to the interior. Not a fan of the "aquarium" walls filled with bubbles, sorry!

The specials were read to us by who I assume was the manager, he was pleasant and obviously passionate about the food they produced. And the food was fantastic: nice presentation, good portion sizes and great tasting.

Unfortunately the atmosphere was severely lacking, there was no music, the lighting was very bright and the service was slightly clumsy. We left pretty quickly after eating as it wasn't somewhere we could relax and enjoy a drink.

It's okay, but with a few small changes it could be great.

Visited July 2014
Isle of Man
“Very good service and delicious food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with friends in July 2014. Had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant but was very impressed! I ordered tandoori sea bass to start (delicious) and chilli chicken for entree. The chicken was wonderful and cooked to the strength I requested ( madras hot). The mango peshwari naan was delicious too. Service was faultless ( the owner served is and couldn't have been nicer, or more attentive). One if the nicest Indian meals I have eaten. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Misti66
unitedkingdom
“60th Birthday party”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Well where do i start ,never been before but oh my goodness why not ,the staff amazing attentive lovely ,the food amazing ,the manager and staff went out of there way to ensure my birthday was brilliant ,they looked after the children treating them with respect explaining everything on the menu making them feel well grown up brilliant ,the manager explained everything on menu to the adults as well the specials oh my lovely place certainly go again Thankyou

• Visited June 2014