“Delicious can't wait to go back!!”
Review of Kurries And Steaks

Kurries And Steaks
Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$27 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear Readers, We have opened Kurries and Steaks with an intention to be a restaurant serving Indian food along with steaks instead of the usual curry houses. You will not find your balti and patia dishes on our menu as we do not believe in using proprietary sauces or any food colouring. But we can serve you indian version of fish and chips and prawn cocktail where we have used spices carefully to give you a taste of fusion. Myself and the chef are business partners and have worked in some of the best establishments in Mumbai, India and on the Isle of Man. We are passionate about the food we serve and the service we provide. We suggest you come and try for yourself and have your own opinion about us, some will like us, some will hate us and some will love us the most. That's the business catering is as we all have our own favourites when it comes down to food. Looking forward to serving you all and lots more. Shriharsh Naik Manager
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Booked here for a surprise meal for my dad's birthday after flying in to Castletown just an hour before and were happy from the start as we were seated in a lovely spot in the window with views over Douglas bay.
The service was brilliant the owner was very freindly and greatest us personally wishing my dad a happy birthday and shaking his hand.
He explained the specials at the table and left us to make our choice.
We chose and were swiftly served with our starters, which were beautifully presented and tasted delicious.
This then followed by our main course, again presented immaculately and again tasted Devine!
We managed to squeeze in a couple of deserts to share between the four of us and extra plates and cutlery was happily provided for this.
Overall the whole meal was a great success and thoroughly enjoyed by all!!
Will return on our next Island visit for sure!!
Many thanks, and as I said on the night the fact you had every table full on a Thursday evening says it all really!! Can't wait for more!!

1  Thank jens1977

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Not sure what I can add to previous reviews, but has to be the tastiest curry I have ever had and the presentation of the food was first class. The use of spices is evident and my taste buds were tingling for hours afterwards. Will definitely be going back!

Staff and the owner very helpful and attentive, reasonably priced too.

My only complaint (and its a very minor one) is the after dinner coffee from the machine is not good. It certainly wouldn't stop me having more 'Kurries' here though.

2  Thank cgt180
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was Indian food that tasted different and we are well used to good curries. We think it was fresh and more like Southern Indian food. Very busy for a Monday night but booked ahead so no problems. Staff charming and good service and value for money. Should be up there with the best!

2  Thank DavidStern
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This might be the best curry I have ever had, as I type this I am sitting in Kurries and Steak. Now you might be thinking "what does this guy know".

Well apart from living in the East end of London, home of the some of the best Curry's houses I also used to work for Tilda. So have been taught how to appreciate a good authentic curry.

The food here is brilliant, the staff are lovely. There is music, however unlike some places it's not so loud you can't talk (which I would if I wasn't on my own).

Please come here, you will not be sorry.

4  Thank pezza51
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having heard good reviews from friends, we decided to give Kurries and Steaks a go for a change. From the moment you walk in your greeted by the strange decor which shows little effort or thought to the interior. Not a fan of the "aquarium" walls filled with bubbles, sorry!

The specials were read to us by who I assume was the manager, he was pleasant and obviously passionate about the food they produced. And the food was fantastic: nice presentation, good portion sizes and great tasting.

Unfortunately the atmosphere was severely lacking, there was no music, the lighting was very bright and the service was slightly clumsy. We left pretty quickly after eating as it wasn't somewhere we could relax and enjoy a drink.

It's okay, but with a few small changes it could be great.