“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Review of Kurries And Steaks

Kurries And Steaks
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$27 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear Readers, We have opened Kurries and Steaks with an intention to be a restaurant serving Indian food along with steaks instead of the usual curry houses. You will not find your balti and patia dishes on our menu as we do not believe in using proprietary sauces or any food colouring. But we can serve you indian version of fish and chips and prawn cocktail where we have used spices carefully to give you a taste of fusion. Myself and the chef are business partners and have worked in some of the best establishments in Mumbai, India and on the Isle of Man. We are passionate about the food we serve and the service we provide. We suggest you come and try for yourself and have your own opinion about us, some will like us, some will hate us and some will love us the most. That's the business catering is as we all have our own favourites when it comes down to food. Looking forward to serving you all and lots more. Shriharsh Naik Manager
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was staying up this end of the prom and walked past this restaurant. From outside it is very uninviting. Spoke to a local who said that the exterior was the reason they have never been.

Checked it up on Tripadvisor and was initially surprised by the great reviews.

The outside is not the best however.............

Once inside, the service was first class with all staff being very attentive. Manager came over and told me about the specials. I had chicken pakoras which were excellent. Tried the special of beef curry. It was beautiful and unlike anything I have ever had in an Indian restaurant. Big portion of curry. Big portion of rice. Beautiful nan.

The view is magnificent. Restaurant was very clean.

Having been to alot of Indian restaurants in IoM, if I had a choice, this is where I would choose to go for a great meal.

3  Thank liamshelley

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very expensive, food was far to over powering and we felt like the staff and management didn't want us there overall a pretty terrible experience

3  Thank Lu R
Shriharsh N, Manager at Kurries And Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Lee and Lucy,
Apologies for your experience at Kurries and Steaks. Please can you let us know which night you dined with us and what did you order for me to check and look in to this review. Please send me an email if you do not want to disclose details here to kurriesandsteaks@gmail.com.

Waiting to hear back from you.

Kind regards
Shriharsh Naik

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't look at the menu anymore - just ask for the specials which are described in detail - spices, marinade, how they're cooked and I'm hooked! Always a good meal, and very friendly. I'll be back.

5  Thank Laxeygirl
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The manager was very helpful in explaining the dishes. I had the fish curry which was excellent. The food is served in delightful pots which kept everything hot. Would recommend. It is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside.

3  Thank ScottishEnglish
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Booked here for a surprise meal for my dad's birthday after flying in to Castletown just an hour before and were happy from the start as we were seated in a lovely spot in the window with views over Douglas bay.
The service was brilliant the owner was very freindly and greatest us personally wishing my dad a happy birthday and shaking his hand.
He explained the specials at the table and left us to make our choice.
We chose and were swiftly served with our starters, which were beautifully presented and tasted delicious.
This then followed by our main course, again presented immaculately and again tasted Devine!
We managed to squeeze in a couple of deserts to share between the four of us and extra plates and cutlery was happily provided for this.
Overall the whole meal was a great success and thoroughly enjoyed by all!!
Will return on our next Island visit for sure!!
Many thanks, and as I said on the night the fact you had every table full on a Thursday evening says it all really!! Can't wait for more!!

1  Thank jens1977