“A new experience”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Steakhouse
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was perhaps a bit gimmicky, but it worked - steak cooked in front of the customer on a hot metal bar on the plate. My wife went for the smoked salmon salad which was superb. Service was good.

1  Thank nanstallon

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a really great meal. The food was very good, for a stake house type of venue. The service was excellent (I would know) the waiting staff couldn’t do enough. The only thing I can pick holes is the décor. I felt as if I was in an open plan café, with sporadic pot plants here and there. Its not very intimate, but if you’re looking for a family meal with a bit of a twist I would definitely recommend here. Its not cheap, but then its good quality stake. ENJOY!

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Both my husband and I had the fillet steak, which was simply amazing !!! I really like the idea of cooking it yourself to your liking, how many times do you get a steak exactly cooked to your liking!
The food was delicious and the service couldn't have been better. I think that they have had negative reviews on service, but I give credit to them for taking note. They could not have been more attentive and they were working hard. Service was excellent.
We will definitely go back.

1  Thank SHIRLEYD531
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Restaurant was busy when we were there, with only a few tables free, but the restaurant lacks atmosphere. I think this probably due the basic decor and layout.
Restaurant staff were friendly but seemed very disorganised and as such service was slow. Food was good, portions were large and the chips in good fat were particularly tasty. The fact that you cook your meat on the hot stone is different and makes it a more interesting experience.
Worth a visit at least once.

nadeem k, Owner at On The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hi Pambolina

I am sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy your experience at On The Rocks. Our aim is very simple to provide the best service with quality product in pleasant surroundings. we appreciate the decor cannot be to everyone's taste as we have purposely kept it this way due to the large interior we have. Our focus has always been on the meal itself and the way the food is cooked being brought to the table on a hot rock with the meat sealed on both sides sealing in all the juices ready for you to enjoy at your leisure and cooked to your own liking in what is a very healthy way. People's opinion on what is well done or medium rare etc differs wildly and this cooking technique allows for each person to get exactly what they want whilst having fun with their meal.
Our staff are new and have taking some time to come together as a team due to the recent opening of our business but our focus is always on continuous improvement.
If there is anything we can do to make our customers experience better then we certainly will and look forward to having the opportunity to improve on your past experience if you choose to visit us again.

Regards
On The Rocks Management

Reviewed 1 July 2014

First time on the rocks for a meal. absolutely great. you cook your own steak to how you like it. couldn't fault the meal at all. service pretty good, staff friendly. would definately go again.