“Great quiet Hotel”
Review of Ascot Hotel

Ascot Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice quiet well appointed rooms. I couldn't fault my stay at this hotel, the rooms were big and clean and have everything that you need. Tea/Coffee, Daily bottle of mineral water, Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryer. Rooms cleaned daily and tea/coffee/water were replenished. Large Bathroom with spa and TV! I stayed in room 311 which was quiet and had a marvelous sea view. Free WI-FI which worked well. The staff are very friendly and do there very best to make you feel welcome. :) Free access to a local swimming pool and gym which is a great bonus. (3 minutes walk, it's at the Best Western Palace Hotel) I would certainly stay here again if I ever get the chance to come back to Douglas.

Room Tip: I stayed in 311 and loved it..would suggest a room at the front with a sea view. :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Ascot Hotel

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here and all I can say is the staff are very friendly and helpful. When I need to travel to the IOM and stay at the hotel I email the hotel and they sort the travel on the ferry and organise the room. So easy. Recommend 100%

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I did not stay in the hotel I used the Restaurant. I booked for a party of 30 people, every single starter main and dessert was excellent. The staff were brilliant. We all said we would defiantly use the Ascot again and recommend the restaurant to our friends and families. .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SharonLloydJones
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Even though, like a lot of Hotels today, there are a number of different nationalities working at the Ascot it really has the feel of being a family business. Everybody without exception made us welcome, and it wasn't just us because as people came and went it was noticeable how the greetings and goodbyes were natural, warm and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of storage and wardrobe space. Everything that could be needed was in the room like ironing board, iron, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer were all available in the room although being bald I didn't find much use for the latter. There was even a TV in the bathroom if you wanted to lie in the bath and have a soak. Only downside was that the ceiling looked very dated but Hey Ho who spends their time looking at the ceiling. The breakfast gave a wide choice and the food was excellent, I particularly enjoyed the Manx kippers so much so that I had them on three mornings. We ate in the Hotel one evening and took advantage of their meal deal. 2 main courses, 2 sweets and a bottle of wine, excellent value at on £29.99. We had the 10 oz rump steak as our main, we were told these are sourced locally, Cooked exactly as we wanted. We would certainly be stay there again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor sea facing
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Don B
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Following Trip Advisor reports - (The majority of them very positive, about the Ascot), my friend and I chose it from a long list of available hotels in Douglas. We are both choosy about hotels, and the Ascot certainly does not disappoint. We booked a twin room, but were pleased to find ourselves given the Ascot suite, which comprised of two rooms, one with a single bed, and one with a double. Both rooms have flat screen TV's, and are well appointed and comfortable. The bathroom has a spa bath, and is up to the highest standards. The staff that we, met, Clive, Johnny and Kinga, were so helpful, that their attention to customer service could not have been bettered in a five star hotel, many of which I have stayed in, both in the UK and over many world wide locations. Normally, when we stay away from home, we eat at a different location each night. The food is so good, that we had dinner every night at he Ascot as they offer meals to suit all tastes. The Ascot is a really comfortable and reasonably priced hotel, and I recommend that you try it out. We will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel, as they have a seaview.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank wref
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Worst room ever stayed in, grotty, ceiling had looks like burst pipe above, carpet underneath, creased and rising crumpled up, dark and dated fittings, no view, whatsoever.Never again, hilly area if you are not the fitist , in the middle on the prom, nothing to do in this area, buses run every hour after certain times.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chashey2016
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Better than home from home. The best Hotel in Douglas. From the first contact to book the holiday, to the day we left we were treated like family. The owners and staff were always on hand to help with luggage and answer any questions at all times. The rooms were very well appointed and cleaned every day with the tea making facilities topped up daily. The breakfasts were self service, overseen by Norman the owner so any special request was very promptly arranged and served to the table by the ever willing staff. The owners son David who always seemed to be on the front desk or the Resturant was a gold mine of facts about the Island and puts a lot of effort into making everyone feel special. The whole staff from Johny to Kenya, Sandy and the cleaning girls it can't be faulted. Very recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family