“One night stay”
Review of Ascot Hotel

Ascot Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked by telephone on Monday 9th June as we had left our campsite very disgruntled campers and a two week very uncomfortable stay and a leaking rented tent.

The Ascot offered us a double room which we booked. A very wonderful end to our stay in the Isle of Man, very welcoming and helpful staff. Accommodation was excellent and looking to return to the Island in the future and hopefully save up to stay at this wonderful hotel.
Thank you once again to the hotel staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ascot Hotel

Reviewed 13 June 2014

after spending a week in this hotel, I must say they were so polite and helpful. I had booked in for 4 nights but needed a room for three more nights. they were able to accommodate me for 2 more nights,but not the one. so that meant we were homeless for one night while at the TT . but the girl at reception was so nice she was as helpful and told me she could get me a room some were else. but as luck could have it. someone cancelled and we managed to stay at this hotel for the full 7 nights, the strip was jammed solid due to the tt races,but this hotel was down a nice part of the strip and was lovely to come bac to a nice quite location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. rooms are spotless,big and all amenties u could want. thank u for a lovely stay while in the isle of man. will be booking again for next year please god

Room Tip: in my opinion all rooms are big and comfy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent a fantastic few days at this superb hotel in the newly designed room and what an honour it was ! The rooms were fabulous and as always extremely clean and comfy. Thank you to Dave and all the staff who are extremely kind and friendly, and made our stay so enjoyable. The hotel is also family friendly making my children also feel welcome. I also should mention how fantastic the food was, everything was fresh and perfectly cooked. This was our second stay over the TT period and are already pre booking for 2015. Recommend this hotel to all who want to be made welcome into the heart of the Isle of Man. Thank you and see you next year !

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I found all staff to be very welcoming, friendly, helpful. Addressing my needs at Reception and Resturant throughout my stay.

Bedroom was a good size with the daily room service - towel change a real assett.

Bed comfotable and Food provided at breakfast and dinner was of a very good standard, choice and qantity could not be faulted.

Keep up the good work - I'll be back to check.

Room Tip: I stayed in room to rear and there was some outside noise, maybe pay a little more for a room to fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight on business. Clean comfortable and functional. The staff were, without exception, charming and welcoming. Well worth a visit. Restaurant was okay but not spectular. Good value for money though.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited the Ascot for the second time over Easter. Once again, the welcome from Dave and his team was unsurpassed. The accommodation is very comfortable, and the food very good. The staff are the best that I have experienced in over 40 years of staying in hotels. They are friendly, efficient, and clearly thoroughly enjoy their jobs. It is really refreshing comparing the Ascot to some of the chain hotels that charge a fortune, and offer indifferent service- well done!

Room Tip: Ask for the Ascot room,(which is actually a two room suite), or any other room at the front of the h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Many thanks for your review and kind words about the hotel. I will certainly pass your sentiments onto all staff members who I'm sure will be happy to read your comments !
We are always striving to offer a better product and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Three of us (last of the summer wine) stayed here for 4 nights in a triple bedded room.It was spacious, with 2 t.v.'s and comfortable beds and a fine quality bathroom.The staff were helpful and efficient, and the breakfast was superb. My minor criticism was tinned tomatoes!

Room Tip: We could have had free use of a health spa 2 minutes away ,but went to a pub instead!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends