“Friendly, relaxing, comfortable etc.”
Review of Ascot Hotel

Ascot Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is situated about half way along the promenade one road back so there isn't any traffic noise. My room "Leger" (203) was at the back and was unbelievably quiet. I spent four very relaxing nights at the hotel.
My room had everything I needed. Breakfast and dinner were all excellent and the staff were both friendly and efficient. The day before I left I drew some money from an ATM for my journey home (ATMs are rare in Douglas and are all at the south end of the town). Unfortunately all the notes dispensed were Manx notes and the hotel staff went through their tills to exchange enough for English notes to get me home, this is what I mean by efficient/helpful.
I would recommend this hotel with absolutely no reservations.
P S There are only two ATMs on the island which dispense English bank notes, one at the airport and one at the ferry terminal.

Room Tip: A room at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Roger J

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for five days. The cheerful staff were extremely polite and helpful and the quality of food was very good. We had booked a superior room which was colourful and spacious. It is close to the sea front and very handy for the horse tram that runs along the front.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have stayed in numerous hotels all over the world and I can honestly say that this hotel is right up there with the best of them. The rooms are well decorated, spacious and offer all the mod cons that you would expect. The staff are fantastic and they took their time to make my stay as pleasant and as memorable as the food served in Mackey's restaurant. I will be definitely going back there, an absolute must!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great hotel, bedrooms are lovely and clean and well maintained, hotel staff couldn't do enough to help us. Food was very reasonable and delicious. I would certainly recommend this hotel and I will be back in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is the first organised trip we have been on and our first visit to the IOM and what a superb hotel to stay in. You were made very welcome and all the staff were superb. Nice comfortable rooms and the food was very good and varied. Nothing was too much trouble. Well recommended,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tworovers
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our first visit to IOM and we had the good fortune to stay at the Ascot. This hotel is a good family friendly hotel and all of the staff we met were welcoming, friendly and could not do enough to help us. We could not single out a particular staff member for praise as they were all lovely. We did intend to go out for meals some evenings but didnt because the food in the hotel was reasonably priced and first class.
Our first but not last visit. We will be staying again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FarAwayHolly
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels we've stayed in. From the time we arrived until the day we left nothing was too much trouble from all the staff.
A really well run family hotel, from Norman the Governor, David his son Johnny number three, Sandy in reception, Ralph in the bar and all of the waitresses and the house keepers on each floor. Each and everyone compliment the hotel to make it a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014