“Recommended!”

Ranked #11 of 27 Douglas B&B and Inns
Pune, India
“Recommended!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had comfortable stay at Silvercraigs. It began with a very friendly welcome by Stuart and his sincere efforts in helping us plan our weekend at Isle of Man. We were also offered complimentary drinks. Our room, though a little compact for our liking, was well-appointed and clean with all basic amenities. If visiting during TT weeks, it is advisable to book well in advance if you want the sea-view rooms (sadly, we couldn't get one). The lounge offers great views across the sea, though.
The location is excellent with some great restaurants in the vicinity if you wish to dine out. The breakfast (included) was a good spread. I would strongly recommend it if visiting IoM. Unmatched value for money!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
leicestershire
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed here twice now for the TT practice week, it is very well placed being on the sea front and just a short walk up a lane to the side of the hotel to the pits.
Stuart answered my email questions promptly and accurately.
It is a clean no nonsense reasonably priced hotel that excels with it's friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was spot on and plentiful with a good choice.
I will certainly be visiting this wonderful island and this superb hotel again.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have a wonderful panoramic view of the bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank davieginger
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have just returned from the Isle of man after a 4 day break with three friends.
On arrival at Silvercraigs we were met with a very warm welcome which included a complimentary drink. We took the lift to our room and found it to be very clean and tidy with a wonderful view of the beach. The beds were extremely comfortable and despite it being the TT fortnight, we heard no noise from any other residents which led to a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was served at 08.30 which was well prepared and plentiful.
Silvercraigs is situated right next to a tram stop, which will take you to either end of the Douglas seafront and it is only a few hundred yards from the famous electric railway.
On the whole I would recommend Silvercraigs to anyone visiting Douglas who can't afford the prices of the bigger hotels.
It's warm, extremely welcoming, very clean, the foods great and I will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Wrexham
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have just returned from Isle of Man and my fourth stay at Silvercraigs. Again I have had a wonderful stay in this ultra clean and well appointed hotel. Breakfast is superb and the staff are very welcoming and helpful in fact nothing is ever too much trouble for them. I have booked again for next year and would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Silvercraigs and am lookng forward to seeing you. Liz Huxley.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ullapool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

had a visit to the great isle of man and was unfortunate to stay in a b+b trading as a hotel,, it appears to have been upgraded to hotel standard by its owners,, certainly cant believe the tourist board would have done this,, not a place to stay,, did go and look at the Rutland and the Hydro,, both true/real hotels ,Even had to eat out at the b+b so went into the Hydro,, fantastic food and service, that the place for me next time,, give the tarnished silver - craig a wide berth

Room Tip: overlook the sea if possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank jfb606
Portsmouth
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The first thing is that any Star rating on the Isle of Man should be taken with a pinch of salt. The island as a whole is about 40 years behind the rest of the UK and its tired and pedestrian ways is fine if you like that sort of thing, but hotels seem to be scored against criteria.

So to the hotel.

First off, the owner (Sturat) is a lovely bloke, very keen on the customer experience and attentive to what's required.

A nice complimentary beer on arrival was a very pleasant gesture, summing Stuart up.

Given that my party appeared to be the only customers in the place given the time of year and the fact that nothing seems to happen on the island outside the peak summer months, we were all upgraded to the best sea facing rooms. My room was huge and bathroom functional and tidy (Sea View Bedroom 2 on the main site).

The view is a very nice panorama of Douglas Bay.

Breakfast was next door and was pretty bad. This was something I mentioned to Stuart and he said it was the 1st time this feedback had been given. I think people may be being nice!

After an evening meal, one of my colleagues and I had the run of the lounge bar until we turned in.

The wireless is strong and goes throughout the hotel.

Given that I have to reluctantly return to the Island once in a while for work, I'd not hesitate to re-visit the B&B because it's better than other places I have stayed. If you want all mod cons and a vibrant, modern looking, energised place, stay on the mainland. However, Silvercraigs proved better than other places I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Sea View room adds a great deal
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WatfordPete
Bristol
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My family and I stayed at hotel Silvercraigs during our 'break away' visit to the Isle of Man. We were warmly welcomed by the hotel managers who were not only very helpful in providing us with useful information on how to spend our time exploring the island during our visit, but also offered us a complementary drink upon our arrival!!! The hotel is nice and cosy, it has a very traditional décor with antique furniture etc. The hotel has also been equipped with very comfortable new beds, great quality bed linen and a great power shower system. We were offered a fabulous full English breakfast and a variety of cereals to choose from. Organic and very healthy products used. Our rooms also had a great view of the sea and tea/coffee/fruit basket. As we value cleanliness above all, we must say that this hotel receives top marks in this respect as well. All at a very reasonable cost. Thanks to Diana and Stuart.We loved our stay at this clean,cosy and renovated hotel. Great value for money.We will definitely be visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: Room with sea view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family