“what a wonderful journey...”
Review of Silvercraigs

and 1 more site!
Silvercraigs
Ranked #17 of 36 Douglas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2009

we've spent our holiday in Silvercgrais hotel... before to leave I've sent to Silvercraigs a flood of e-mail and I think that the number of telephon call was about one million... when I was there evrything seems to me unreal... what a wonderful isle and what a crazy people I've thought out.... I've felt a sensation to be as at home...
our hotel was fantastic... and before to leave I've said one thing to Diana: you're the sweety person that I've met before. Stuart is so gentle and very helpful. very morning Diana said me "buongiorno"... the bed has got the better mattress in the world.. was the first time that I woke up relaxed.... the brekfast is for every kind of usual. the hotel is always clean and tidy... FANASTIC.....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kyky85
There are newer reviews for Silvercraigs

Reviewed 11 October 2008

This is a really nice hotel situated in the perfect position on douglas front. The bedroom was basic but clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in. The owners and staff are really helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were plentiful and tasty. I would definately recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank Deborah W
Reviewed 25 September 2008

Positive: A really good welcome; lovely room at the top with attractive window looking onto the sea view; room and bathroom clean and comfortable; at breakfast insulated pots kept water for tea, etc. hot; a request at end of visit for our thoughts about anything the hosts could improve upon - this was great, so much better than boxes to tick or, "Is everything all right?" which tends to get the response, "Yes," irrespective of whether or not it is!

Only dislike: having to make tea in the cup rather than having a pot but when we mentioned this, the Management were so ready to listen and explained that, rightly, by providing the insulated pot the guests were ensured of a hot drink for the duration of breakfast.. Perhaps a pot could be provided in which to make the tea, together with the insulated pot to keep the water hot.
A bonus would be free range eggs and even free range bacon and sausages, but realise that this is unusual.

A very pleasant experience.

Stayed: August 2008
3  Thank N_W_EnglandTraveller
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Had a marvellous time and would definitly go back again. Hotel was comfortable and clean though looking a bit dated and hence the reason for the refurb. Stuart and Di very friendly, checking every morning that you were enjoying your stay and if they could do anything to improve it. DI even went to great lengths to remember first names which was another nice touch. Not much to see from our room but if you wish to pay a little extra you could get yourself a lovely sea view. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and help yourself. You really were made to feel at home. A hotel that I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank charl100
Reviewed 10 September 2008

We have just had a wonderful few days at Silvercraigs. We are already giving our friends contact info!
We needed budget accommodation, as we were coming for a wedding and then staying a few days, and didn't care too much what it was like. But Silvercraigs surpassed all our expectations and, indeed, our needs too!
The room was fairly small, as would be expected, but with a very sensible-sized en-suite (larger and better laid out than we have experienced in some much more expensive places). The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bedding good. All was very clean and tidy.
Silvercraigs has a wonderful setting, right on the front, although our room was at the back so we didn't benefit from the lovely views of the bay. However, the lounge has comfortable seating and you can sit around there and look at the sea to your heart's content: after all, it did rain a lot this summer! It's very easy to get "into town", because not only do frequent buses run along the front (and a £26 ticket will give access to ALL forms of transport for 3 whole days - a huge advantage), but, during the summer months at least, you can hop on the horse tram, and do the journey in style. It's worth being a little way out of town just for that!
And you're pretty close, in the other direction, to the railway station, where fabulous ancient tram-like trains run, and can take you far enough to pick up the mountain railway up Snaefell. All on the same ticket!
The proprietors at Silvercraigs are wonderful: such a warm welcome, and incredibly solicitous for your welfare. Did we need anything? an iron and board? (we went for a wedding), hairdryer (I don't know why we were asked that, as there was one provided in the room anyway), and so on. Did we know how to get where we were going? There seemed no end of care they would take of us!
Breakfast was a veritable feast. For myself, I can't face eating much early in the day, but my husband was very well catered for! And for me there were cereals (even with rice milk if wanted, which helped my dairy intolerance), various breads, yogurts (a no-no, sadly!), all the likely drinks, and this massive cooked breakfast. And Diana, the wife in the management partnership, graced our breakfast time with her presence, always bright, cheerful and friendly, both serving and chatting to make sure her guests were at ease and being looked after. Even her young daughter was a joy for her lovely smiles!
What more can I say?
We were only on the Isle of Man for a few short days, in this summer's inclement weather (my husband was even offered a fleece on loan one day because he had nothing warm!!!!), but it was a joy we should love to repeat. It seemed much longer, and the comfort we experienced at the hands of the Silvercraigs establishment and management had a great deal to do with that!
Thankyou, Stuart and Diana.
You really need to go there, folks! Experience the warmth for yourselves.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MiriamWestSussex
Reviewed 7 September 2008

We stayed at the Silvercraigs hotel and we have already booked our room for the same time next year as we enjoyed staying at the hotel so much, the staff and management were excellent they were so nice it was like being at home with family thats how we were treated. The rooms are very big and were cleaned every day by the cleaners. I would definetly tell anyone traveling to the Isle of Man to stay at this hotel as it really is that good. Thank you to the management and all the staff involved at the hotel and we will see you all next year. Wayne & Debbie.

Stayed: September 2008
4  Thank jevons
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Really enjoyed my stay at Silvercraigs, the staff were always polite and helpful and the room was clean and tidy with nice facilites. Its very nicely situated on the sea front. Its within walking distance of the theatre and the variety of bars and resturants.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends