“Dark and Dingy like most MANX pubs”
Review of The Outback

The Outback
Ranked #3 of 5 Nightlife in Douglas
Reviewed 29 February 2016

The place as previously mentioned needs a complete overhaul or knocking down and starting again. So bad even the roof has beer splashes all over it. The toilets stink and there are puddles of urine everywhere, and that's only the ladies.

Downstairs was so cramped you can hardly get near the bar, upstairs is less cramped but there is so small a choice of beer, since the bar is the size of a postage stamp.

Ordered food the other day and it took over two hours to arrive, when it did it looked and tasted like someone threw it up, cold inedible, couldn't be bothered complaining as you will get the stick answer "if you don't like it there's a boat in the morning".

It is what it is folks, just a dirty, dingy little pub that pretends to be a nightclub (if you under 12), with sticky floors and grumpy staff, no doubt being paid peanuts.

Get over it, your in Douglas, Isle of Man, what do you expect.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Not happy with how this place looks, need updating and could be improved,.... Not sure if I will go again in future ... ...

2  Thank sarahmadrell
Craig T, Manager at The Outback, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for your review, and we are sorry you were not happy with our establishment. We understand that you may feel that the Outback needs to be updated, etc. however, we don't feel that way. We are constantly improving the facilities but our décor and design of the building is our biggest charm, but we understand its not for everyone.

We do hope to see you again though.

Regards
The Outback

Reviewed 17 October 2015

The only place in Douglas to actually have some kind of atmosphere and a packed dancefloor that doesn't resemble the dungeon at the CH. Heated smoking area is great and it's always busy on a saturday night! Prices are average for the isle of man, cant complain really. Yes its a bit sticky and the decor can seem tacky but you have to learn to appreciate the wonders of the OB and its definitely the best place to head after midnight on a night out.

3  Thank Kristina I

Thank you for your great review. You have undoubtedly taken what we are and embraced us.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

I would rather sit in a bath filled with horse manure with a portable speaker, and nothing but Justin beiber songs on repeat than come back here. The door staff are that jumped up on steroids they think they can treat you how they want, it's hugely overpriced which left me leaving sober having spent half of my mortgage buying a single vodka coke. The courthouse is not very far away at all and is much better with women in there that don't look like they have been in a train crash, And are not questionably too young.

6  Thank Anthony S

Thank you for leaving your review and I am sorry we weren't quite up to your standard. We can assure you that our doormen do a very good job on keeping order within our establishment, as you can understand dealing with people once they have had a drink can be quite difficult.

I am a bit puzzled as to your "hugely overpriced" comment, and can only think that you are on about somewhere else. We are known on the island for being reasonably priced (relatively cheap and cheerful). For £2.50 for a vodka and coke I can only hope my bank will give me a mortgage similar to your £5 a month mortgage cost.

We agree that other establishments are just up the road, however if your struggling to pay your £5 a month mortgage now I would suggest you start playing the lottery to accumulate enough funds to purchase your favourite beverage in these establishments.

Nonetheless, we hope to see you soon and hopefully we will do better next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

I think I'd rather remove my eyeballs with a rusty spoon than spend another second in this foul, dank cesspit of underage debauchery.

With a neo-nazi bunch of doormen who seem to be a law unto themselves added to the excitement of being crammed into an overpriced tin of human sardines it's a wonder why anyone in their own sane mind would pay to get into this place.

3  Thank 3LegsEverywhere

Thank you for leaving your review and I am sorry that you were not happy with the establishment.

I can assure you that our doormen are not part of a neo Nazi movement, however do have a difficult job to do, with dealing with many customers who let the devil out when they have had a beer or two. I hope you can understand this and see that they do a job most could not.

I do not understand how we are overpriced? We charge on the door after 11, just like all other nightclubs on the island, our alcohol prices are average at worst and fall considerably below other establishments.

I can undoutably tell you that there is also no underage debauchery going on, to the point where I am willing to invite you down and watch our procedures on ensuring this to the letter of the law.

I hope you do not resort to rusty spoons and hope that you will frequent our establishment again in the near future.