“passable”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Douglas, United Kingdom
“passable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ordered large coffee,some sort of ginger drink and a cranberry juice. Coffee not good, ginger drink couldnt drink and cranberry juice so sweet. Expensive and not good frankly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank galen512

Onchan, United Kingdom
“Do you mind mate? We're trying to drink coffee.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I think the staff do a really good job under high pressure circumstances. I have always had good customer service at the Sea Terminal and in Strand Street even when the staff have been busy for long periods. One other point I'd like to make is that one member of staff, who i would guess to be a manager or superviser, was talking very loudly on his mobile, and although I tried to ignore him, I could hear the he was trying to order some stock or something and there being a delay and this gentleman was just moaning at the poor person on the other end of the line. This was in the middle of the shop and it came close to ruining our experience. Obviously the coffee was great, its Costa!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Jason H
“A Costa is a Costa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have traveled quite a lot and can say if I want a good coffee and a snack then we use a Costa. The staff here are very very good at what they do and even when very busy still make you feel as though your first through the door. I could fill pages with comments but the simple review is they have got this place right. Well done team.

Visited March 2014
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Nice- but the Staff are Very Rude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am a frequent visitor of the Costa Coffee shops on the Isle of Man as I love the convenience. But i do NOT go there for the service, time and again i have said that i cannot stand the rudeness of the staff and i thought it about time i say something.

Today i went for lunch with my partner as i work out of town so it is a lot more convenient for me, and I was served by a Polish Lady called "Anna" she wasnt particularly friendly and was very abrupt and rude to the point that I was so taken aback i didnt know what to say. The most notable point for me to mention is that, as i was paying separately from my partner i thought it would be better for them if they put us on the same number for food to save hassle. When i went to suggest this, before i could even speak, she pointed at the tray in front of her and said "this is for you" i went to open my mouth to suggest putting my partners order on it and she huffed, rolled her eyes and banged the tray on the other side of the counter.

This isnt the first time the staff have been rude here, and no doubt will be the last, i just hope for Gary Dorling's sake, they sort themselves out, as i am not the only person who has mentioned this.

• Visited May 2014
“Fantastic Franchise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Although costa coffee doesn't 'sell local produce' as such, it's cakes are often home made, and it's coffees are nothing but top standard. If you're expecting a locally sourced business you'll be disappointed, however the food is great nevertheless, if you are expecting local, I'm confused as to why? This is a franchise. I would and have, recommend this great coffee shop to a friend.