“Spot on!”

Ranked #40 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our passion to offer authentic food in comfortable setting coupled with excellent service has led us to establish this restaurant for you. located in this unique space for your pleasure. Hope you enjoy our food & service as much as we do in bringing it you. Please share your thoughts and ideas with us which will help us to exceed your expectations. Fully licensed Indian restaurant and take away specializing in southern Indian cuisine and serving authentic traditional dishes.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a excellent meal here last weekend also could not fault anything as food was very tasty good value, service was good too.

Will eat here again when I am visiting again.

MalabarIndianCuisine, General Manager at Malabar Indian Cuisine & Take away, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Sarah M,

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went to Malabar for my birthday meal ,I was pleasantly surprised as food was great, service superb, cozy and interesting dining areas within the restaurant all that topped off with balloons and pudding organised by the staff which was nice.

Will definitely go back again soon.

1  Thank Natasha M

Dear Natasha M,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thought we'd give it a try, doesn't look very much from the outside, but once in and up the stairs, the large dining area was clean and tidy, staff friendly. Food was truly one of the best curries I've ever had in over 40 years, OK when you travel to India or Sri Lanka they can compete, but not in the UK or Isle of Man where they're adapted to a more European taste.
Nothing was overly spicy, but all the tastes came through the dishes. Leftovers were taken for Lunch the following day and tasted just a good the second time around. Will be going again soon :-)

2  Thank PaulHatton

Dear Mr Hatton,

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Malabar is up a flight of stairs opposite the post office in Douglas the food is wonderful and the staff very friendly. We love Indian curry and this is one of the best we have had. Very clean and smart restaurant not too expensive about £9.50 for a main

MalabarIndianCuisine, General Manager at Malabar Indian Cuisine & Take away, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Curly51shirl48,

Thank you so much for your kind review, we are working very hard to bring the best dining experience on the island and its great to read your comments.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was in Douglas from 7 to 10 July on business and I had my dinner here everyday as I stayed in one of the promenade hotel and Malabar was recommended by one of the hotel staff as I enquired about a Indian nearby.
I decided to give this place a try and the place was not much from outside but was really impressive inside as it had that first class restaurant feel.

Menu choice and design was different from any other Indian I have been to, I gave squid, king prawns, scallops,and fish a try on four different days and was not disappointed as all seemed very fresh, I particularly relished the kerala fish curry made with kingfish (I was told so) with some kind of steamed noodles which I never tried with curry before but I was glad I did.

Service was second to none and staff seemed happy to explain and suggest the unusual dishes on the menu, they are doing a good job.

The restaurant was difficult to find as I was new in town, but I was told the signs were going up soon.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1  Thank Ian K
MalabarIndianCuisine, General Manager at Malabar Indian Cuisine & Take away, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Kellyi49,

Thank you for your review, I have passed on your compliments to chef Thomas and our team, we will look forward to see you again.