The Devonian
The Welbeck Hotel(Douglas)
Ascot Hotel(Douglas)
Admiral House(Douglas)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvilla marinab bisle of manbreakfast menu isfresh berriesguest housebusy roadlarge bay windowlovely weekendfull englishtop floorminute walknothing is too much troublesea fronttown centredouble roomcentral position
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

'Have been visiting the IOM several times a year for a while now, and though I tried others in the past when the Devonian has been full nowhere else has come near it. The rooms are spotlessly clean, furnished in up-to-date style, and have everything you would expect nowadays. Breakfasts are freshly prepared and plentiful, with several choices of hot dish, and the service is prompt and friendly. Gillian and Kevin are a 'salt of the Earth' couple who go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The Devonian is just 50 yards off the prom, and right opposite the island's main entertainment complex, The Villa Marina. It's far enough out to be away from the noise of week-end revelers, yet town is just a 10 minute flat walk. It's so well placed for public transport too that I save megabucks by not bringing my car on the ferry. If you want a residents' lounge and bar, then stay in a 'faceless' hotel on the prom, and pay about double for the privilege. This establishment 'ticks all the boxes' for me. I gladly change my travel plans to when they have a vacancy: I only go to the IOM if I can stay at the Devonian.

Room Tip: This is a tall, slim building, so book early to get lower rooms with fewer stairs to climb.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 255grahamb
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Just home with my family, stayed with my children and my parents for a weeks holiday to the island. Gillian, Kevin and Nicky made our stay their B&B was very friendly made us extremely welcome and the breakfast set us up for our day adventures. It was very central I would totally recommend this B&B. hopefully will return and will stay again at Devonian B&B. would certainly not agree with the review from jjblond133 and you can access s permit for your car if you needed it. All bedding and towels clean in our experience.
Thanks again

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Birchroad
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The Devonian is a perfect place to stay, my room was light airy and spotless and was lovely and quiet, the breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice - absolutely delicious! I found the hotel to be in a great location, being close to the Villa Marina and a very pleasant 10 minute stroll to the main shops, but what made a huge difference to my stay were the owners Gillian & Kevin,who couldn't have made me feel more welcome, they also were very knowledgeable about the island and were so very helpful in assisting me plan my stay. I really can't thank them enough.I will definitely be back and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending The Devonian to anyone planning to visit Douglas. A real gem.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank louni24
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed three nights a few weeks ago in a single room. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean, and I found the bed to be comfortable. I could hear my neighboor's tv at times, but it was low level and easy to sleep through. Breakfast was great for the price range, with good variety. I had something different every day. The owners and staff were all friendly and helpful. The location can't be beat, right off of the prom. You can't really ask for more for the price. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank taffy_tabby
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I went to visit Isle of Man last March for 3 days and stayed in Devonian. Prior to our planned visit, Gillian did make an effort in contacting us about our journey and even gave us a list of bus times and directions. We stayed in room#7, although it was small room, but we had everything we need. We loved the bed that it was so hard for us to get up every morning as it was very comfy to stay in it. Breakfast was awesome as well, loads of choices, and big pirtion ad well in which I end up requesting to have a smaller portion of traditional english breakfast. The room price is very affordable and worth the stay. Thank you Devonian for a simple and nice accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013