“Great Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Douglas
Leicestershire
“Great Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Had a very nice stay at the Adelphi. The best and largest full English I have ever had in any Hotel. Very hospitable. definitely will be staying again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Debdebs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portadown Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

This was our 3rd stay in 4 years at the Adelphi and we absolutely love it. The owners Len and Jo are fantastic and cant do enough to help, they always remember us .We always know that when we come to stay at the Adelphi that it is going to be a very enjoyable stay in clean surroundings and a very enjoyable breakfast which gets your day off to a great start.The rooms are great we always stay in the family room which we love its a real home from home and very comfortable.We would highly recommend the Adelphi for anybody to stay at you wont be disappointed

Kerry and Gordon Hawkins
Portadown
Northern Ireland

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Hawkins5
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed at the Adelhpi a few times It is clean, great breakfast, frendley, free WiFi. Len the owner will do is up most to make sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a great value B&B. Thanks Len & partner (don't know her name) will bring the suitecase next time. : )

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PeterandFayeRH
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I have just returned back this morning (29th June 2011) from this b and b after a 5 night stay.

When we arrived we was greated by the owner who was lovely and welcoming and even showed us to our room, offered to take our cases upstairs, and showed us how to use the tv as it has a digitial box. Which was very polite and helpful.

We was in room 1 which was very comfortable, we had 1 double bed and one single bed. (The beds were comfy no lumps)

There are coffee facilties in the room which was topped up every day, (tea, coffee, sugars, milk)

The bathroom was a normal size, after reading below comments the wash basins are normal. I found the temperature of the shower going hot and cold and the pressure wasn't that good, but this is a minimal thing and didn't ruin our joy at this hotel.

There is a below comment on here about no shampoo, showergel etc. MAY I SAY THERE IS, ON THE SHELF OF THE SHOWER THERE IS A BLUE BOTTLE WITH ALL IN ONE IN. THIS WAS TOPPED UP DAILY. There is also handwash in the room which is also blue, and i think the below comment are getting there gels and shampoos muddled up.

The room temperature was good, there was heating and optional to open windows if it got to hot. This b and b is very clean, staff are husband and wife owned and they are very nice. Every day they greeted us with morning, afternoon etc which goes along way. They was also interested in what we done.

The breakfast was fantastic. You was served 2 slices of bacon, 1 sausage, hashbrown, beans, fried egg and ample of toast. There are choices of cereal as well. Glasses of orange juice. and pots of tea and coffee.

I have stayed in a few places in the isle of man as my sister lives on the island, and this is the best I have ever stayed in and I will return very soon.

The location is brilliant. Its on broadway. The b and b is on a hill if you have walking difficulties this may not be ideal for you, but I would recommend this b and b to anyone at all ages. When you walk down the hill you have a bus stop, horse tram stop to get you around easy. Billiant location...

Please ignore the bad reviews, I am a frequent traveller who travelled the world including poor countries and the adelphi hotel is in my top 10!!

See you soon Adelphi hotel, and thank you for your hospitality, pleasant stay and lovely breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank holiday0707
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Our ensuite was small with a cloak room sink , we had to bend down to wash and brush teeth etc. There was no accessories - eg shampoo , gel , flannel. Only a bottle of hand wash - not good for a shower which leaked water onto the floor. The bed was a small double - not good for tall people. The room itself was a nice size with a good view tho. Tea and coffee facilities good. The room was nicely decorated and clean.
The breakfast was basic with only cereals as extra and no fruit , yoghurt etc. There was no choice of brown bread , we were just given white toast. Full breakfast was nice but one morning the bacon was cold , tho this was unusual because every other day the whole breakfast was hot .Mushrooms would have been a nice addition.Nice bright dining room.
The Adelphi is in a good location , although up a hill , but that gives a good view , handy for buses , prom etc.
It has good security with a safe in the room and number lock on the outside door.

Room Tip: Room three had good view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Thanks to Len Carr I thought I could not get a room for this years TT and when he told me
a my room was still available I was over the moon after 3 years absent it was still like home from home so cheers Len I hope to see yer later, so if you want great fun stay with the Adelphi and check out his website.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Travellingman007Uk
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

I stayed at the Adelphi while working on the Isle of Man, I was there for a few months and I can't speak highly enough about the place. Meticulously clean, extremely friendly and very accommodation. Perfect for contractors like myself who want to stay long term, but also ideal for familes on holiday. Brilliant value, and having stayed in other hotels before this one on the island, I can honestly say it's the best one on the rock!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business