“Far better available nearby”
Review of Millennium Saagar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Millennium Saagar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Isle of Man
“Far better available nearby”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Meals were very poor value - and not at all interesting.

Try around the corner on the Prom -for a really decent curry!

1 Thank IOMBoris

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most tasteless curry ever - worse than a micro meal!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had a curry delivered from this restaurant, in order to enjoy a relaxed evening with my husband. I ordered the Chicken Karahi. The meal was very bland almost tasteless and quite salty. I have eaten in many curry houses before and never had such a bad meal! I was so dissapointed that I took the trouble to drive the meal back to the restuarant - so that the manager could taste it for himself. He also commented that is was salty - but that was all he could comment. He did offer to replace the meal, however I lost my appetite once I walked into the restaurant. The restaurant is quite grubby and smells of damp. I asked for my money to be refunded - however he would not do that. Very dissapointing meal and service!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank kerry w
Sidmouth
“Truly memorable!”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Good quality food, and very good, prompt service. Boss man has a great character about him and makes you feel more than welcome! Desserts shone out, although the rest really was scrummy! Never really heard of this place being packed out, but it should be!

• Visited April 2012
WA
“A good find”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Tucked away at the promenade end of Broadway it looks a very unassuming Indian restaurant. The main part of the restaurant is actually upstairs. An excellent menu and standard of food as was the service. Went there twice.

Visited September 2012
Douglas, null, Isle Of Man
“Not just chilli hot”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

On first sight, the building is old and rambling and the decor is rather tired. We were seated quickly (but it was very quiet at seven o'clock on a Wednesday evening) and our orders taken by a very brisk and efficient waiter. The starters of spiced queenie and lamb kebabs were brought before we could make much impression on our Cobras, and they were tasty and beautifully presented. We had meat thalli and a south Indian lamb curry for our main dishes. The flavours were rich, with chilli heat but also sweetness and sharpness and distinct flavours to all the dishes.

The main dishes are served arranged on the plate, not in a clanking array of metal side dishes. The portion sizes are accordingly quite moderate compared to some Indian restaurants, but I found this a good thing and thought the prices fair for the quality of food on our table.

I wouldn't quite rate the place excellent, as the accommodation is tired and shabby, and I have occasionally had Indian food that was better. But only occasionally, so give it a try.

Oh yes, and the pickle tray we had with our poppadoms was a bit of a highlight too!

• Visited September 2012