“Average but a little disapointing”

Harbour LIghts Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Peel
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Often described as your Granny’s front room our fine collection of china cups and tea-plates (many donated by happy customers and friends ) forms the backdrop to this traditional tearoom. Our log fire keeps customers warm in winter and the fine views of the beach and castle are second to none.Open throughout the year, our evening restaurants are especially popular so please remember to book . Local favourites are Peel Smoked Kippers our famous Battered Cod and Mrs Jones’s Rich Fruit cake and Tea-bread. Our homemade desserts with whipped Manx Cream are another great favourite.Evenings in Peel give customers a real treat, a three course meal plus coffee with plenty of choice and a great atmosphere. Peel is also popular as a venue for private dinner parties and can comfortably seat up to 35 guests. Our Peel restaurant in not licensed so feel free to bring along your own wine.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It is a year since we last visited this cafe situated in a beautiful position overlooking the bay and I did not think that the standard was as good as a year ago. OK it was TT week and obviously this is a very popular destination. Staff could appear a little happier! Food and drinks were alright and service was prompt. No doubt we shall return next year

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We love this place, not least because my Gran would have felt totally at home here. The food and decor are something I remember from my childhood. The menu is clear and the service prompt and attentive. Perfect for a rainy day in Peel!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was a welcome find for us last Sunday. We had visited Peel in the midst of a visit with Royal connections namely the Queens baton doing the rounds of the UK prior to the Commonwealth games in Glasgow. we had no idea that em would be in such august company and consequently many people looking for a place to eat after all the excitement. Harbour lights looked full but a place was soon found as others were leaving. We wanted only something light and we were delighted by lovely local vegetable soup followed by piping hot breaded mushrooms served in a paper lined flower pot! The service was good and everyone was so friendly and helpful. I was just envious of the waitresses looking so slim in their black miniskirts and tights and knew 5that if I completed the meal with any of their delicious sounding puddings I would have no hope of shedding any of the excess pounds I find myself carrying!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've eaten here several times over the years and can honestly say that when it started it provided some lovely home cooked traditional food served by staff who were both courteous and helpful. The last couple of visits I've had though have been fairly poor, notably cheap ingredients you could perhaps expect from the kiosk over the road (breakfast), the welsh rarebit was bland and tasteless and lets face it folks, welsh rarebit isn't hard to get right, again quality ingredients are crucial. Front of house staff are excellent however, seeing the kitchen staff hanging outside smoking is always a deal breaker for me. Advice - save yourself some cash and go to the kiosk!!

1  Thank Manxepicurean
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We visited this place during our visit to the TT in 2013. It was our first visit to the IOM. This cafe is superb very friendly old fashioned good service and excellent food. Nicely laid tables with tablecloths. Good traditional food in a welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank Mark1985186349