“Great food, very friendly service”
Review of Filbeys Bistro

Filbeys Bistro
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Peel
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A little restaurant in Peel with views overlooking the marina
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife was coming across for the weekend and I wanted a restaurant with sensibly priced food in a nice location to take her to - from the moment I went in to book I felt welcome and this was repeated again when we sat down to eat - wide range of food, well cooked, tastefully presented, at just the right speed - never rushed but never kept waiting either. The serving staff couldn't have been more helpful and the place was buzzing but not in an obtrusive way. This was one of the best meals I have had so far on the island, can't wait to go back and take our friends

3  Thank Gulfgeoff

Reviewed 30 March 2014

the food was really good and wine amazing. i believe this is one of my fav restaurants on island.they always have specials and the restaurant looks out on the key and peel hill.

2  Thank MouseMK7
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just noticed that this is the No1 rated restaurant in Peel but it should also be the No 1 in the Isle of Man!!

From the moment you walk in the place, with the product of Adele Filbey's hobby of collecting driftwood and making it into beautiful wall decorations, to the time that you walk out replete and happy, you are looked after and treated extraordinarily well......as they say as a forward to the menu, like friends rather than customers!!

Adele is front of house and is a wonderful person to meet and be looked after by....she and her attentive staff added so much to the wonderful food prepared by her husband!

Between us we managed bruchetta, mussels, scallops with plaice, sea bass, fillet steak to follow with beautiful vegetables on the side.....afraid to say we managed four bottles of wine (Pinot and Rioja) for a bill of £180 which we thought a snip for the quality and ambience.

The top floor was fully booked yet the service and timing excellent and we were neither waiting for service nor rushed.

All this in a beautifully decorated two storey building with views over the harbour....what more could one ask for...................I suppose comfortable seats? Yes, they had them too!!

if you have not been, you really have to go and support this excellent couple and, besides, one of the few decent pubs (The Creek) in the Isle of Man is bang next door!!!!!

2  Thank Ustaritz
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was very impressed by the food served here - good choice of menu and wines - a little on the expensive side but I don't mind that when the food is so good. Service is very good, not rushed with friendly staff. Situated on the seafront at Peel with panoramic views - I thoroughly recommend it.

3  Thank Garricke_12
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Amazing little gem of a restaurant,food and service were excellent, the atmosphere was a buzz with everyone seeming to be having a great night ,very busy night but we were not felt left out nor were we constantly bothered by staff ,well run and you can feel the passion for food and life by the waiters and chefs who we watched from our table and chatted with when they had a second ,would recommend sitting down stairs just to see the guys flying in the kitchen ,best seats in the house ,would definitely recommend to all ,..

2  Thank andrew C