“Incredible food of the highest standard”
Review of Filbeys Bistro

Filbeys Bistro
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Peel
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A little restaurant in Peel with views overlooking the marina
Reviewed 1 September 2014

If you can eat better in Peel or the west I will challenge you to find and prove to me better food. Glen Helen used to be good but lost its touch and now I cant find fault with Filbeys and have travelled extensively and like my food. The wine list is pretty comprehensive and features wine for all tastes. Hoping your tourist board which I have contacted agrees with my contact.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Not been to the Isle Of Man before and friends who had booked this for our first night. On the Quay at Peel very pretty well lit with great views. Food really nice but quite expensive

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Simply one of the best eating experiences for a long time. It was delicious and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Thanks a million, highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had lunch for four today. Three of us had the Queenies with salad and a portion of chips and the other person had the baked cod. We all agreed that this was excellent. All washed down with a bottle of White Italian. Service was professional and discrete. Ask for a table by the window on the first floor. A restaurant well worth visiting. Well done.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Last Thursday was not my first visit to Filbeys, but I just wanted to add some more since my first review... The standard of food was, again, excellent (I had Queenies and Bacon to start, followed by haggis-stuffed chicken breast on a bed of neeps and tatties, in mushroom sauce). My wife is a "fussy" meat-eater. She loves steaks but she really likes them blue (even "pale blue") so is quite disappointed at times when they are too cooked for her liking. This time, she asked for blue and got blue and, she assures me, the meat was so tender, she could have cut it with a spoon!

Six of us ate a delicious meal (starters, mains and desserts) for well under £200 (including wine), which is excellent for the quality and service. If anything, the servings are too generous, but better that than not enough. The staff are an absolute delight. Nothing is too much trouble, and they handle a full restauarnt with professionalism and a smile.

Credit to Filbeys for maintaining their high standards. They deserve all the kudos they get.