“Burnt Offerings”

Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Peel
Price range: US$13 - US$64
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant situated on the historic quayside in Peel. Diners can enjoy views across the marina, ancient castle and rolling hills (ideal for a stroll before or after a meal). Inside, diners can also enjoy views of the chefs at work in our open view kitchen preparing and cooking food freshly to order. Our menu features local flavours and tastes with fresh seafood, meats and vegetarian choices. We are proud of the islands suppliers and produces and use wherever possible as much locally sourced ingredients and produce. For our younger guests we have our Little Pirates menu, designed especially for kids with child friendly dishes and activity bags. Booking a table can be done over the phone, online via our website or by popping in. Thanks for reading and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Burnt Offerings”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited recently and I ordered the plaice and chips. The plaice was fresh and very nice but most of the chips were burnt and I did not eat them. When the waitress came to ask whether we were enjoying the food I pointed to the burnt offerings and she said she would tell the kitchen. Then ..... nothing!

When we were leaving I noticed that the bill did not reflect the fact that the chips were inedible and I said to the waitress "did you tell the chef about the burnt chips?". "Yes I did." Really, what can one say about the stupidity of this? I would have been happy with a few replacement chips, or a glass of wine on the house or a reduction on the bill - or even an apology. Why do restauranteurs annoy customers to the extent that we have to tell the world about it - as I am doing now.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BettyLinn

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Lovely surroundings, fantastic food.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We missed out on the Boatyard at last year's TT, (it was fully booked), but managed to get in this year, by the skin of our teeth. Lovely quirky decor, with pilchard tins for the salt, and sardine tins for the butter. The warm bread was just so moreish! Three different varieties, made in house (white, granary and cheese). The cheese one in particular, I could have happily eaten all night. We only had a main course, as we didn't have room for anything else. We both went for the rib-eye steak which was perfectly cooked (one rare, one well-done). It came with chips, which were lovely, but I couldn't finish them all, a huge slab of tomato, mushrooms, squeaky beans and asparagus. The staff were lovely, and it has a nice friendly atmosphere. We wanted to go back, but couldn't get in, so will have to wait until next year. Definitely recommend.

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Lobster heaven!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a great choice of restaurant for a group of friends the other evening. Its quite a fish based menu, so i decided to try my first ever lobster, a half served as surf and turf with a 4ozl rump steak and excellent chips, it was outstanding! For a starter a can highly recommend the ham hock & egg scotch egg, it just melted in your mouth. This was a fantastic dining experience, for me it was just perfect, as well as us as a group of 7. A place I'd be more than happy to return to!

Isle of Man
“great restaurant”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Yet another great meal.
Lovely setting, great home cooked food.
Starting with warm homemade bread.
This was followed by a mushroom soup and fish and chips.
The chips are hand cut and not frozen.
Great value lunch menu 2 course for £15.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night out at short notice”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Friends came to stay for the TT and I needed to find somewhere good to eat, as I didn't to have time to cook. This place hit the nail on the head. A quick phone call secured a table at short notice and we had a wonderful evening enjoying fabulous food (fish fingers - but not like any you've ever had out of a packet!) and friendly, professional service despite the informality of the setting. Think New England fishing town meets Atlantic Brittany and you have an idea of the ambience. It works extremely well. Highly recommended, though pricey in the evening. Set lunch menus are very reasonable however.

Visited May 2014